Whippled 600rwhp Terminator hung with me...

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Always great to hear about terminators still running strong on the street, I'm lucky to still have mine after ten years! Love those cars!!

I actually have two friends with nice Terminators and the VERT I ran actually had more miles and less horsepower of the two. The vert I ran has about 30k miles and is running about 16#'s if I remember correctly with an already mentioned 600rwhp. The other one is a super clean, almost mint, metallic red coupe with only 11k miles, 2.3 VMP TVS at 21#'s and dynoed with 624 rwhp. The red one seems low (or the black one high) based on the boost levels. Oblviously these cars have a host of other mods I'm leaving off but both are on pump gas, full exhaust, larger injectors, boost a pump, gears, etc etc. Both tuned at the same place: Blankenship Tuning in Shelbyville, KY which i think is a mustang dyno.

I have not dynoed mine yet so again my HP rating is a guestimate at best based on Van's advertised gains and estimated stock HP. I definitley know this could all be off, for sure. Not to mention mine is an off the shelf Lund tune and those guys have custom dyno tunes. I will be going the custom tune route once I stock up some more parts to limit the cost of retunning for each. :)

Last edited:

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Where was this at?
I don't think I've met you yet... Did you get your car from Bill Collins?

We were actually headed to the Bill Collins Mustang show, lol.

I did not purchase from Bill Collins as they already had two people in front of me and no remaining allocations. I bought mine two weeks before it was slated to be built from a dealer in MO and trailered it back.

Hit me up. We are a pretty laid back group and like to get out to shows and cruises around town.

paluka21

Established Member
True our cars are much heavier, however a 95 Cobra and it's 1979 Fairmont underpinnings is not nearly as good at putting the power to the ground as a modern day Mustang is. Yes, weight is one advantage but so is a good chassis and suspension. I'm not saying your car can't outrun a new stock 2013/2014 car. But with very light mods a new one will crank out 700HP+ and would very likely walk yours unless you have the frame and suspension on yours properly set up to do only one thing...1/8 to 1/4 mile runs. From a roll though, look out! Especially if you have 3.73 or lower gears...that will make it get really nasty for you real quick.

Agreed, but I don't race on the street :) although not saying I haven't. I have a decent suspension setup and can easily pull 1.6's or better on a 17" DR.
But regardless, I was simply speaking for power to weight ratios. Anyone can modify their car and make it faster than the next guys, which is why I was just giving the example mentioned above. :)

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
I actually have two friends with nice Terminators and the VERT I ran actually had more miles and less horsepower of the two. The vert I ran has about 30k miles and is running about 16#'s if I remember correctly with an already mentioned 600rwhp. The other one is a super clean, almost mint, metallic red coupe with only 11k miles, 2.3 VMP TVS at 21#'s and dynoed with 624 rwhp. The red one seems low (or the black one high) based on the boost levels. Oblviously these cars have a host of other mods I'm leaving off but both are on pump gas, full exhaust, larger injectors, boost a pump, gears, etc etc. Both tuned at the same place: Blankenship Tuning in Shelbyville, KY which i think is a mustang dyno.

I have not dynoed mine yet so again my HP rating is a guestimate at best based on Van's advertised gains and estimated stock HP. I definitley know this could all be off, for sure. Not to mention mine is an off the shelf Lund tune and those guys have custom dyno tunes. I will be going the custom tune route once I stock up some more parts to limit the cost of retunning for each. :)

I bought my blk vert in March 03 still mint with only 17,000 miles, I did mild mods, full Bassani w headers, 2.8 upper, CAI but that's about it. Its cool to see what they can do up against Fords current king of the hill. I think in the end with mods you will come up on top though, these 13/14's are awesome cars! Hope you can get some video for us! :beer:

NvrEnfHP

Established Member
What are your mods?

At the time of the race, it was a RevanRacing 13-5 kit and 3.73 gears.

It's on youtube.

At first he inched, but as soon as I hit third I walked away. also, when I was in third, he was in 4th according to him, our Gears are TALL, and don't have to shift as much.

Anyway, we started at 30mph and second gear, that's probably why he got some of the hit, My RPM's were still low, at that speed. If He beat me, I was going to drop it to first and run again, but didn't end up needing to.

He had just got his car dyno'd a few days before and hit 595-600 can't remember exactly, but he was sure he was going to leave my car in the dust...

I think he has done more to his car since that race, He didn't like losing.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I have to disagree with that last part. The 03 is shaped like a brick. :lol:[?QUOTE]

Yea, the 03/04 is a real brick next to the GT500

P1010327.jpg

I'd definitely give the "slippy slope" edge to the Shelby. Anyone ever pay attention to the way the Shelby sounds/feels at 80-90mph? Nothing near the buffeting of the 03 in my opinion.

I've had mine up against the rev limiter and no buffeting at 155 :shrug: Maybe the shorter wheelbase and how the car reacts is what your feeling.

BTW, early GT500 CD is .38, The Boss 5.0 is .36 and a NE Mustang is .36

Every Mustang made is a "brick"

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
At the time of the race, it was a RevanRacing 13-5 kit and 3.73 gears.

It's on youtube.

At first he inched, but as soon as I hit third I walked away. also, when I was in third, he was in 4th according to him, our Gears are TALL, and don't have to shift as much.

Anyway, we started at 30mph and second gear, that's probably why he got some of the hit, My RPM's were still low, at that speed. If He beat me, I was going to drop it to first and run again, but didn't end up needing to.

He had just got his car dyno'd a few days before and hit 595-600 can't remember exactly, but he was sure he was going to leave my car in the dust...

I think he has done more to his car since that race, He didn't like losing.

About the same race then as far as speed and cars go. You do have the added benefit of the throttle body and gears compared to my mods so that makes a difference. If he kept with ya to third, i wouldn't say that is a complete "bye-bye" scenerio since our cars with a 3.73 is good to 100+ in second gear wouldnt you say??? I read it as you walked from him right away lol. But yeah, very similar race and similar cars. Sounds like you guys might have taken it to a higher speed if you saw a lot of your third gear which might have also helped u see more pull away than me. I wasn't able to see a lot of third gear but didn't feel like i was pulling much in what I did see of third. My buddy said he was in the higher RPMs of his 4th gear when we let off. What I did see though was a slight spray of liquid on my windshield when i shifted to third. Yikes!!! But it could have just been reminants of washing the car (I HOPE). All sounds fine and gauges reading normal.

I have probably seen it on YouTube but will look for it!!! Good Stuff!:beer:

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Your race sounds right to me, a whippled termi is no joke. High hp cars from a roll usually don't pull more than about a car length in that type of race. Once you have full bolt ons there won't be much on the street that will pull you, the 13s are a beast.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I have to disagree with that last part. The 03 is shaped like a brick. :lol:[?QUOTE]

P1010327.jpg

I've had mine up against the rev limiter and no buffeting at 155 :shrug: Maybe the shorter wheelbase and how the car reacts is what your feeling.

Don't get butthurt, I owned my '03 from new for 10 years until I sold it for my '13. I loved the car but if you think (which IS what you claimed) that car is more slippery than a vehicle that Ford did everything they could to make hit 200mph, then you're just being blindly biased.

The part about "all mustangs being bricks" isn't even a topic being argued, btw.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Don't get butthurt, I owned my '03 from new for 10 years until I sold it for my '13. I loved the car but if you think (which IS what you claimed) that car is more slippery than a vehicle that Ford did everything they could to make hit 200mph, then you're just being blindly biased.

The part about "all mustangs being bricks" isn't even a topic being argued, btw.

No problem here, I was merely correcting your misleading statement on how you believe the S197 is more aerodynamic then the SN95........ a topic that you raised not me.

5.0 guy

Established Member

P1010327.jpg

Beautiful cars, your terminator is in great shape, it's funny how the GT500 makes my 03 feel old school even though it feels like yesterday when the terminator was the car to beat 10 years ago on the street!:rockon:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Beautiful cars, your terminator is in great shape, it's funny how the GT500 makes my 03 feel old school even though it feels like yesterday when the terminator was the car to beat 10 years ago on the street!:rockon:

Not my cars (I have an 04 coup), this photo was for comparison only. I agree they are both beautiful cars sans the cloth roof. Photos of both a Terminator and a GT500 side-by-side are always pretty cool :coolman:

Ford has and hopefully will continue to give us a beautiful canvas to paint on. This new crop of FI Mustangs are amazing. I hope the 2015's are even better but the party may not last too much longer and they could start downsizing our engine choices.

mike69440

Established Member
It's the 60 Ft time.

Well this thread has me worried. Co-worker has a whippled 03 Cobra vert. car dynoed 575 RWHP. He has called me out many times so far. Claims the car has went 10.90's at 128 in the 1/4 so we will see. No tune on my car, only mods are resonator delete and Airaid non-oiled filter....and driver mod from what I have told. I have a SCT tuner, 65 FRPP TB waiting to be installed. I told him the only way to race would be from a roll.......we will c.

Don't worry, be Happy. the race should be real close.

Any 03 with about the same power as mine is not going to run much over 120 mph or deep into the high tens on low 11's without a realy great launch, great tire stick, and some really fast shifting., i.e and also be a lot better driver than am.

I'd like to give one of you stock guys a roll from 40-110 (only need to do a 2-3 shift) just to make myself not feel inaequate, but from a dig or from 110-125, I expect to be pulled.
125-140 My car still seems really strong in 4th gear, and I figure I would not loose ground, but once I'm in 5th, the race is over. I'm scared to go much faster than that in any case.

Remember. a 13 passes Ford durability test and has a warrantee. A costly modded 03 can go boom really easy, if the tune is off or you let the combustion chamber heat get out of control, thaking a valve or piston out.

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I'd like to give one of you stock guys a roll from 40-110 (only need to do a 2-3 shift) just to make myself not feel inaequate, but from a dig or from 110-125, I expect to be pulled.

That 40-110 run would be one of the worst scenarios for a '13. 1-2 shift happens at 60mph and the 2-3 in the 90's so we'd either be too low in the revs by starting in 2nd at 40 or we'd waste time with 2 shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread