Whipple with Fore Fuel Rails

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Anyone have pictures of their motor with this setup? I'm in the process of installing my polished Whipple 2.3 along with the Fore billet fuel rails (clear) and I was wondering if there's a way to not run the fuel line over the snout of the Whipple.

Any pics would be appreciated. :beer:

TORQJNKY

I am doing the same thing right now. Plug the front end of both fuel rails. Run a Y-block off the main fuel line and run independent fuel lines from the Y-block (1) into the back of each fuel rail. I am mounting my Y-Block behind the passenger side fender insert, then running the two fuel lines from the Y-Block through the hole in the firewall where the factory fuel line passes through to the fuel rails.

I would love to give you some pics but I am waiting on an Aeromotive fuel filter and braided fuel line to put it together. I am running -8 fuel line from the tank to the rails with an inline 10 micron filter. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

03rd SVT

Established Member
Here's a couple of pics of mine......it was a pain in the ass trying to figure out what we were going to do. Pics aren't that close, but we basically used two 90 degree fittings on each side to get the line away from the blower.

If these don't help, let me know and I'll snap some up close........good luck!!!:coolman:

2537003_197_full.jpg

2537003_196_full.jpg

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I am doing the same thing right now. Plug the front end of both fuel rails. Run a Y-block off the main fuel line and run independent fuel lines from the Y-block (1) into the back of each fuel rail. I am mounting my Y-Block behind the passenger side fender insert, then running the two fuel lines from the Y-Block through the hole in the firewall where the factory fuel line passes through to the fuel rails.

I would love to give you some pics but I am waiting on an Aeromotive fuel filter and braided fuel line to put it together. I am running -8 fuel line from the tank to the rails with an inline 10 micron filter. Hope this helps.

I installed my Whipple today and I don't see how there's going to be room behind the fuel rail on the driver's side for a connector and fuel line. Between the EGR line, the Evenflow cooling line, the vacuum hoses and the wiring, there's not much room left for anything else... :(

However, I wish you the best of luck with your idea! :beer:

TORQJNKY

I installed my Whipple today and I don't see how there's going to be room behind the fuel rail on the driver's side for a connector and fuel line. Between the EGR line, the Evenflow cooling line, the vacuum hoses and the wiring, there's not much room left for anything else... :(

However, I wish you the best of luck with your idea! :beer:

I'm deleting my EGR so that will free up a lot of room back behind the blower.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Today I decided to go ahead and run the line over the blower, but I'll be using a blue fuel line that will (hopefully) match the Ford GT cam covers.

I'll post pics just as soon as I finish the installation... :beer:

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Today I decided to go ahead and run the line over the blower, but I'll be using a blue fuel line that will (hopefully) match the Ford GT cam covers.

I'll post pics just as soon as I finish the installation... :beer:

Here's the finished install. I'm still not real keen on the fuel line running over the Whipple, but at least it not black...

2381134CobraEngineBay1(Jan09).jpg

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
BEAUTIFUL engine bay!! :rockon:

But I STRONGLY vote NO on that line running OVER the whipple. Absolutely kills the visual.... :nonono:

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
Here's the finished install. I'm still not real keen on the fuel line running over the Whipple, but at least it not black...

2381134CobraEngineBay1(Jan09).jpg
hey sea dude, the temp sensor unit mounted inline from intercooler to resevoir in the middle of the hose, where did you get that piece ? or did you fab it up yourself, i must have

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
All you need to do is get a 2-into-1 Y-block and split the lines off to each rail behind the blower. Plug the fronts of the rails and you're done.

You can use a Fore 2-1 Y-block. (2) Straight -8an hose ends, (2) 90deg -8an hose ends and about 4ft of hose total. (2) open ended rail fittings and 2 plugs.

BAM!!

Jared

M240Bravo

Established Member
All you need to do is get a 2-into-1 Y-block and split the lines off to each rail behind the blower. Plug the fronts of the rails and you're done.

You can use a Fore 2-1 Y-block. (2) Straight -8an hose ends, (2) 90deg -8an hose ends and about 4ft of hose total. (2) open ended rail fittings and 2 plugs.

BAM!!

Jared

Do I have to do this with your return fuel kit I got?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Do I have to do this with your return fuel kit I got?

The setup I posted above is for a returnless style system only. A return system will need to be setup differently. If ou need any help on how to get our return style system set up properly please PM me and I'll be glad to help you out. Thanks, Jared

TORQJNKY

BAM!!

Jared

Hey Jared, that's the way I am doing it right now. I will post up some pics when I am done. The OP mentioned not having enough room to run the lines behind the blower. I am going to try it with an EGR delete and see how it turns out. :beer:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member

BAM!!

Jared

Jared, right before Christmas I bought all the lines and fittings from you for my current setup:

QTY DESCRIPTION
(1) Lethal Performance Stock Fuel Line to -8an Adapter
(3) XRP -8an O-ring Radius/-8an Male Flare
(1) XRP -8an O-Ring Port Plug
(1) Fragola -8an Straight Push-Lite Race Hose End
(3) Fragola -8an 90 Degree Push-Lite Race Hose End
(5) Fragola -8an Push-Lite Hose (1ft)

I also bought 4 feet of the blue -8an Push-Lite hose from Jegs.

So, if I decide to do the EGR delete (which I'm strongly considering now), I'll only need the following fittings to move the rail feeds to the rear:

QTY DESCRIPTION
(1) Fore 2-1 Y-block
(1) Fragola -8an Straight Push-Lite Race Hose End
(1) XRP -8an O-Ring Port Plug

Is this correct?

Thanks, :beer:

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread