whipple with 3.200 rr pulley

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
What's guys I've searched on cobra bobs website and google but can't find the belt size for my pulley combo. I'm running 2.9 whipple with rr 3.200 upper pulley, bf 3-100mm, 1-90mm idlers with stock lower, and stock tensioner with tab knocked off. does anyone know the belt size for this combo.oh yea its also with the new bf snub idler. Any help is greatly appreciated

Ralph

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Also how much do the 4 bolts that hold the pulley to the supercharger get torqued to searched but don't get any straight answers some say 17 ftlbs, 12 ftlbs, 1 and a 1/4 turn. Anyone know?

Chiflikalotapus

Whippled
Established Member
Dam brotha a 3.2rr. Are you running 20lbs of boost? How much power did you end up putting down with your new alb tune?

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
What's up brotha how have you been. I ended up making 632 whp on the stock 3.5 pulley made 16 psi. Hoping to be at 18-19 psi with the 3.2 for my race tune. How's your cobra coming along?

Chiflikalotapus

Whippled
Established Member
What's up brotha how have you been. I ended up making 632 whp on the stock 3.5 pulley made 16 psi. Hoping to be at 18-19 psi with the 3.2 for my race tune. How's your cobra coming along?

Good brotha almost done. I had to rerun the entire fuel system cause my exhaust burnt a whole on my old line........ :(. What kind of fuel are you using?

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Good brotha almost done. I had to rerun the entire fuel system cause my exhaust burnt a whole on my old line........ :(. What kind of fuel are you using?

Damn that sucks what fuel system are you going to be using now. Right now I'm using 91 octane. Going to be using race gas for my 3.2 pulley ill be going back to albuquerque in like a month or so to get it retuned for the pulley swap.

svtrookie

Established Member
Check out this link on SVTsnake..I noticed this thread a few weeks ago. It might have what you are looking for:

[ame=http://www.svtsnake.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52400]Official whipple 2.9 pulley/idler/belt database Thread - SVT Snake.com Forums[/ame]

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Last edited:

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member
I had 3.50 on 2.9 whipple with the same idlers and my belt size was a 77 inch belt made by Dayco. I just got a 3.25 and i went down a half a inch to a 66.5 belt. Part number is 5080765. Amazon has em for 28 bucks shipped to the house. no belt squeaks/slips. Gatorback does some funky sizing right around that length . they have a 77.25 and then the next size down is a 76. nothing in between. Gates/Napa has some lengths around that size but i have had horrible luck with them. Tons of belt dust from slipping and chirping noises. Others have had no problems with Gates/Napa :shrug: Hope this helps

Last edited:

Chiflikalotapus

Whippled
Established Member
Damn that sucks what fuel system are you going to be using now. Right now I'm using 91 octane. Going to be using race gas for my 3.2 pulley ill be going back to albuquerque in like a month or so to get it retuned for the pulley swap.

Same fuel system. Just re running everything. It turned out my exhaust was touching my carbon line and my rear sway bar would hit my pump everytime I would go thru a did or something like that. Im just waiting on a coupling for the intake and it will be back on the dyno with some E-85 being fed to it. Right now the car is in alburqueque at motiva performance. Have you ran it at the track yet?

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Same fuel system. Just re running everything. It turned out my exhaust was touching my carbon line and my rear sway bar would hit my pump everytime I would go thru a did or something like that. Im just waiting on a coupling for the intake and it will be back on the dyno with some E-85 being fed to it. Right now the car is in alburqueque at motiva performance. Have you ran it at the track yet?

Havent taken it yet it won't be for a little while till I get the retune for the 3.2 pulley so I can see how much of a difference the pulley swap does in actual track times.

Users who are viewing this thread