Whipple to turbo cobra build

stradt03

Established Member
Looks great! I might have missed it, but what are your power goals and what do you have going on for your by-pass and lower thermostat housing?

rip04ow

Established Member
Looks great! I might have missed it, but what are your power goals and what do you have going on for your by-pass and lower thermostat housing?

Thanks... Aiming for 850-900rwhp. I capped off the bypass and I'm running the mmr thermostat housing in the lower hose.

stradt03

Established Member
Thanks... Aiming for 850-900rwhp. I capped off the bypass and I'm running the mmr thermostat housing in the lower hose.

Can you get me a pic of how you have the MMR housing set up in the lower hose? I just got the MMR housing with the coolant tank hose option and would like to see how you have it set up. Did you use the stock hoses on the MMR housing?

MG0h3

Established Member
Someone has a write up on wiring the return system to prime and shut off with KOEO. Its in the HOW TO section.

Not sure if its the pic or not but your wires near the FPDMs look like they will rub on the exposed sheet metal edge.

rip04ow

Established Member
So much done in the last week... It will be firing up this week for sure. I still need to buy a boost controller, run all the vacuum lines, and install the catch can setup. Then a base tune.

Intercooler mounted
IMG_4680_zpsr7tajsmz.jpg

IMG_4681_zps3oozry7v.jpg

Found a brand new engine build plate on Facebook for 60 bucks... score in my eyes

IMG_4693_zps54tzlyeg.jpg

IMG_4716_zpsrsevz8ua.jpg

Went to advanced auto and somehow ended up finding the exact type/bends i needed in a hose. worked out perfect to go in the lower hose setup.

IMG_4720_zpsxynmsgmk.jpg

Off to my buddies house to get the piping done.

IMG_4722_zpst1vpxvbd.jpg

Turbo to intercooler inlet

IMG_4734_zpscu7soukm.jpg

IMG_4736_zpsmlwedtof.jpg

IMG_4738_zpsmlaevrwn.jpg

Someone did a half a$$ job installing this flange for the bov... we fixed that

IMG_4744_zpshpkn2toa.jpg

IMG_4745_zpsmc7yzrvz.jpg

IMG_4746_zpshvcnzjhx.jpg

IMG_4747_zpshqq63vac.jpg

IMG_4758_zpsxplz6fv5.jpg

IMG_4735_zpshpxidb6z.jpg

Before anyone says anything about the exhaust... Yes the tip is low, we are going to cut it up higher tomorrow...This setup is temporary till this winter anyways when we can get the downpipes connected to the catback. Just have to watch out for pot holes and bumps. no big deal to me

IMG_4759_zpsxp3xsvoa.jpg

IMG_4760_zpsxhwxcg4i.jpg

IMG_4762_zps5cvsgxrh.jpg

Joyrider564

Established Member
Happen to have any part numbers for that lower hose and thermostat housing? I am looking to clean up the coolant routing on my car.

rip04ow

Established Member
Happen to have any part numbers for that lower hose and thermostat housing? I am looking to clean up the coolant routing on my car.

the part number is visible on the picture... the thermostat housing is the one from mmr and they told me to use a fox body thermostat which i did.

stradt03

Established Member
Can you get me a picture of how you have the MMR thermostat housing installed? Also, what thermostat are you using and did you drill holes in it to allow coolant flow before it opens?

rip04ow

Established Member
Well the car is now a 100% completed. I had my tuner get a tune ready and he called me Friday night and said load the stock file into the car and bring the sct over to him so he can update it and load the tune with the intentions of coming over yesterday. Got to my house, went to load stock file... Said turn key off then turn key on. When i did that the screen went blank and the x3 restarted without a lit up screen and everything was upside down. So the handheld took a crap and now we have to order a new one tomorrow. Should be running tuesday or wednesday now at the latest.

IMG_4777_zpsuoqgotmf.jpg

IMG_4778_zpsozpk5hip.jpg

IMG_4781_zpsdv2iqw44.jpg

Catch can mounted and lines ran.

IMG_4786_zps85b2pcr6.jpg

IMG_4787_zpsrghl6moq.jpg

Eboost2 installed.

IMG_4808_zpscpnjgoez.jpg

IMG_4818_zps9kuezixm.jpg

First bath in roughly 2 months

IMG_4813_zpsghitogpd.jpg

IMG_4828_zpsqlcvssp8.jpg

IMG_4821_zpsk6gkbhwx.jpg

rip04ow

Established Member
Can you get me a picture of how you have the MMR thermostat housing installed? Also, what thermostat are you using and did you drill holes in it to allow coolant flow before it opens?

You can't see much but its very simple... 1" hose on expansion tank to a 1" barb fitting on the filter housing. I used the hose that i posted in the earlier and put the housing inline right after it comes out of the radiator. MMR told me to use a thermostat off a fox body. 180* stat with two 1/4" holes drilled in it.

FullSizeRender%206_zpsl5mm8kev.jpg

rip04ow

Established Member
The car is now at ASSC performance in Lake villa IL getting tuned... I got a call today saying it started and ran!... It didn't run long as its running extremely rich. They are working on getting the ID1300 injector values for SCT. I think Im going to run a standalone in the car come winter time. But for now will get it tuned on SCT and enjoy it till then... Im hoping to have it back sometime early next week.

Mystic03

Established Member
clears power steering and A/C if you get the keep ac option which i have but you will need abs block delete...op i have exact same setup hows your cooling temps?

stradt03

Established Member
You can't see much but its very simple... 1" hose on expansion tank to a 1" barb fitting on the filter housing. I used the hose that i posted in the earlier and put the housing inline right after it comes out of the radiator. MMR told me to use a thermostat off a fox body. 180* stat with two 1/4" holes drilled in it.

FullSizeRender%206_zpsl5mm8kev.jpg

Did your housing come with an o-ring?

Did you cut up that hose you posted up to make it fit?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just having a hard time visualizing how you set it up looking at that picture.

Users who are viewing this thread