carguy96

Established Member
The time has come to swap my eaton for my Whipple blower.
I have the metal gasket for the blower to intake manifold and black RTV for the intercooler to blower.
Has anyone rescued the metal gasket?

My next question is in regards to the bolts. Do the VMP performance bolts that say they fit an M112 and TVS blower work with a Whipple, or no? (I didn’t know if the thread was different or if it’s all the same)

I know I’m being super anal about this but I don’t want to snap any bolts in the Whipple or lower intake manifold.

In addition to those items, are there any other bits and pieces that some have found as they swapped blowers (I do have the water outlet gasket as well).

AussieM8

Established Member
well, the only thing i can possibly help with is that the whipple wont have thread in its location spots, you wont snap the bolts in the whipple, just the LIM lol. Also, with the bolts fitting the whipple, the thread shouldn't change unless the LIM is a different piece, as its only the LIM where there'd be any threads and so same same. The only difference would be the length of them depending on the casing difference in the blowers themselves... If you need to shorten them, you can always space with a washer, there'd be **** all difference at best. Lets say you'd need longer, easy trip to the hardware/bolt and fastener join, surely?

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I’ve reused the metal gasket, as well as the intake manifold gaskets. No problem. However I did buy new for the first time I took the blower off but have reused them 2 times.

carguy96

Established Member
well, the only thing i can possibly help with is that the whipple wont have thread in its location spots, you wont snap the bolts in the whipple, just the LIM lol. Also, with the bolts fitting the whipple, the thread shouldn't change unless the LIM is a different piece, as its only the LIM where there'd be any threads and so same same. The only difference would be the length of them depending on the casing difference in the blowers themselves... If you need to shorten them, you can always space with a washer, there'd be **** all difference at best. Lets say you'd need longer, easy trip to the hardware/bolt and fastener join, surely?

If did find out the Whipple I got needs shorter bolts. The one bolt hole seems as though it’s stripped.
I’m assuming I should get that fixed and not “send it”.

Users who are viewing this thread