Whipple Supporting Mods

PsyCoe

Established Member
I ordered the Whipple Stage 1 kit (it will be here March 21st, can't freaking wait.) for my 2017 S550 and would like to know what you guys think are good supporting mods. I don't plan on taking the car much higher in HP than what the Whipple kit is going to give and want to just basically turn it into a 'drivers' car that is fun as hell on the road. I might take the car to the drag strip occasionally over the summer (definitely putting in better halfshafts first). I'm a beginner car enthusiast looking to make it to the next level. The Whipple kit will be the 1st install of this caliber I've ever done, outside of my longtubes I installed last month, and I will have a very knowledgeable car guru helping me with it. What mods are essential when installing these kits that they don't come with? Any recommendations?

Buellitt

Established Member
If it’s a manual, maybe steeda clutch spring to keep you from melting your stock clutch when the pedal sticks to the floor. Otherwise consider mmr oil pump and timing gears while it’s apart.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

PsyCoe

Established Member
I had a catch can on my last car and it did wonders. Definitely gonna grab one sooner than later for this car.

PsyCoe

Established Member
Ordered a catch can, OPGs, and a crank sprocket gear. Wish I would have got the gears BEFORE I installed the SC, but what's another day in the garage... Whipple install went well took me a solid 2 1/2 days in the garage though, well worth it.
716f7a4c5913e19720d173c045d916d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
White on black accent looks great! Im thinking about going Whipple on my '18.....

What are your impressions so far?

PsyCoe

Established Member
White on black accent looks great! Im thinking about going Whipple on my '18.....

What are your impressions so far?
Ive been very happy. Feels stock when driving normal, but when you get on it, it's like a whole other vehicle. Installation guide is really good and Whipple is quick to respond to any questions you might have. Just plan for 2 whole days in the garage if your installing it yourself.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ive been very happy. Feels stock when driving normal, but when you get on it, it's like a whole other vehicle. Installation guide is really good and Whipple is quick to respond to any questions you might have. Just plan for 2 whole days in the garage if your installing it yourself.

I can only imagine the huge smile on your face when you took it out for its first drive after the Whipple install. ;)

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
You guys getting the catch cans do yourself a favor and get the upr one's. I've used other's and you still get moderate blowback. Upr is pricey but it comes with a kit for both sides. Once you install it you'll see why it's the best. 6k miles on my 17 a lot of it in boost with zero blowback.

Users who are viewing this thread