Whipple supercharger on 01?

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
I’m looking to put the Whipple w140ax supercharger on my 01 cobra. After I put one on my 04 I simple had to have it on my 01 as well. I’m looking to get about 550-600hp to the wheels. I’m going to get all new internals and was wondering what it will take to make it work. Obviously the internals are going to have to be forged, the fuel system and intake manifold are going to have to be changed out, but other than that. What do I need? I’m sure someone has asked this before, but I did a search and couldn’t find it.

Also what do I need as far as the ECU goes? And should I get an intercooler setup similar to the 04 or should I custom fabricate my own?

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
You could just by a 2.2kb kit for the car and not have such a headache. BUt to answer your question I'm sure it could be done but I just don't know how to do it.

UCBeau

first, find out how much in the way of terminator parts are required to swap an eaton to an 01 cobra, THEN, find out how much in the way of whipple equipment is needed to swap a whipple to a terminator. :)

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
first, find out how much in the way of terminator parts are required to swap an eaton to an 01 cobra, THEN, find out how much in the way of whipple equipment is needed to swap a whipple to a terminator. :)

^^^exactly. You'll be doing a terminator conversion and upgrading to a whipple.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
has anybody done this before and had success? where could i fin dout that parts i need for the eaton upgrade?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
There's a write-up around here somewhere. There has been success but the overall consensus is that for the amount of time and money you'll spend doing it, just get the KB

The poewr difference between the KB 2.2 and Whipple 2.3 is negligable. it's going to cost about as much as a KB 2.2 kit to get the car converted to a terminator setup. Then you've got to buy the whipple carger on top of it. Obviously you can deduct about $500.00 for the eaton charger as you don't need it, but you'r still an additional 2500 for the whipple.

Save yourself some time and money and just go with the KB. iwth the money you'll save you can put it to more go fast goodies and make more power.

Users who are viewing this thread