whipple supercharger is really quiet.

stal94gt

Established Member
i dont really drive my car a whole lot and even when i do i dont get on it. but today i noticed my whipple 2.9 is extreamly quiet. i am making full boost still with no belt slip or boost drop off and its not a big deal, just something i noticed.

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
What is your pulley combo and psi?

i dont really drive my car a whole lot and even when i do i dont get on it. but today i noticed my whipple 2.9 is extreamly quiet. i am making full boost still with no belt slip or boost drop off and its not a big deal, just something i noticed.

liedenfrost

Established Member
Quiet is the sound of efficiency. Noise is caused from turbulent air flow and is basically wasted energy. Be happy with it. Can't wait to get mine!

stal94gt

Established Member
i have the stock upper and lower, it peaks 20#'s but holds a steady 18-19#'s. it was just something i noticed when watching vids on youtube.

mach1033

Established Member
even with a 4lb lower mine didnt make that much noise either :shrug: Thats ok I will let my exhaust make up for it.

cobracide

Established Member
Roots blowers are not air tight and built loosely, the noise is the air moving around the paddles causing the whistling. IF it was gear noise a port would have no effect on the sound - which it does.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
This is why I love my KB 2.2.
Even around town going up to the speed limit, you can hear a little scream.
Most people along the side of the road know that this mustang is not stock, or something is wrong with it, lol

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Whipples are quiet because they are SLOWER. They do LOOK really good though.

:poke::bash: Bahahahahaha J/K. I do LOVE the KB overspin Whine. A LOT!

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
This is why I love my KB 2.2.
Even around town going up to the speed limit, you can hear a little scream.
Most people along the side of the road know that this mustang is not stock, or something is wrong with it, lol

+1

With my 3.1 pulley on there, this thing whistles at idle like a procharger.

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
My Gen1 whistles pretty loud. With my hood closed people have accused me of having a procharger.

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
You should hear my 3.4 with the 3.0" reichard I put on it today... I no longer miss my 2.2 sound...

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I dunno, some people have said their Whipple 2.3s are quiet, mine whines like a bitch at WOT, and whistles like a procharger when driving normally. Weird? Yes.

I have the stock Whipple upper, and 4# lower..

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I dunno, some people have said their Whipple 2.3s are quiet, mine whines like a bitch at WOT, and whistles like a procharger when driving normally. Weird? Yes.

Same setup as you. I pulled into RET and Greg asked if it was a Procharger. :banana:

black 10th vert

Established Member

Same setup as you. I pulled into RET and Greg asked if it was a Procharger. :banana:

Do you guys have gen1, or 2 Whipples? From what I am getting from similar threads is that the gen 2 Whipples are a lot quieter than the gen 1 version, probably because the gen 2 has a more efficient rotor design. I personally have a gen1, but haven't finished putting the car back together yet to hear what it sounds like, so this thread intrigues me. I recently removed a Stage 5 Eaton with a ported Dragon setup, and it screamed! I also found that the choice of belt makes a difference too. It had more of a Procharger type whine when I switched to a Gates belt from a Gatorback.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I have a Gen II 2.3 and it is quiet compared to my pullied Eaton. I do miss the whine from my old Eaton, but the ridiculous power makes up for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread