SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This isn't a view you get every day:

[video=youtube;upSeQfRgkx0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upSeQfRgkx0[/video]

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Cool vid. Yeah, you don't get to see that really...cool seeing the spray ramp up with the rpm. Wonder what kind of power that diesel is making?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Pretty crazy never seen top diesel, something new everyday. I don't know much about diesel if the no throttle how do they control rpm?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yeah just did a little reading, I see now. Interesting never knew that I always assumed it work the same as a gas engine just different fuel.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
Cool video. Superchargers were initially designed for diesels, but this is the first time I have ever seen one on a diesel.

hockeylover86

Established Member
I wonder why they would move from turbo's, doesn't seem like any advantage there?

Also the 7.1 DMAX never really caught on either, people were making so much power with the base 6.6 there was really no need for the big $$ for 7.1 parts.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting video. The water injection setup is really neat. I searched YouTube for (hopefully) a video of this bad boy at a track but couldn't find one.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I wonder why they would move from turbo's, doesn't seem like any advantage there?

Also the 7.1 DMAX never really caught on either, people were making so much power with the base 6.6 there was really no need for the big $$ for 7.1 parts.

I wonder too why they would go from turbos to a supercharger.

CaDDy

Banned
By controlling the amount of fuel injected into the cylinders. Diesels are lean burn engines.

Really cool perspective, never have been able to see the screws turning like that or being sprayed with H2o. How do they know how much air is being drawn into the motor though?

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
Maybe turbos aren't allowed in top diesel.

Really cool perspective, never have been able to see the screws turning like that or being sprayed with H2o. How do they know how much air is being drawn into the motor though?
They don't need to know. The more fuel you inject the more power the engine makes/higher the engine revs.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
IIRC the early Detroit Diesels were 2 strokes and needed the 6-71 and 8-71 bowers to force the air in. The power range was a stupid 1800-2100 RPMs. Hence the multiple speed transmissions.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I dont' know for sure, but my instructor in auto school told us that the blowers weren't for positive pressure on the old diesels. It was to help blow spent exhaust gases out and fresh air in, hence the term "blower".

Users who are viewing this thread