Whipple pulley advice and tune

de123

Established Member
I just purchased a 04 cobra stock engine gen 1 whipple with a 3.5 upper and boost is set at 14 lbs , cat back exhaust no headers at the moment from the spec sheet it made 417 rwhp on 91 oct tune (mustang dyne) , what possible hp ratings can I get if I change upper pulley and headers with new tune maybe injector ?? Or what do you guys recommend I'm new to the mustang game thanks in advance , I'm also close to Hpp racing in lewisvile thought about taking it to them

01yellercobra

Established Member
You should be able to make 600rwhp with that blower. The power goal will determine what size injectors. But 60's seem to be a really popular choice. They should get you well into the 600's. You'll have to start looking into fuel system upgrades. Pumps, wire upgrade, dual FPDM's. I suggest going into the Terminator forum and do some lurking. I'm sure you'll find the info you need.

Wildman113

Established Member
417WHP seems really low for 14lbs of boost on a whipple, perhaps the tune is very conservative since its set for 91 octane.

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
If you are running stock 39# injectors and pumps without a BAP even at 14 pounds you are probably running out of fuel. We need more info on the combo...

95PGTTech

Established Member
add long tubes
add 4lb lower
add fuel system
add 60 lb injectors
put 93 octane in it

go make high 500s, low 600s

Users who are viewing this thread