Whipple + Nitrous?

layzie

Established Member
Hi all.

Wanted to post thoughts of adding nitrous to my 2.3 whipple cobra. Too much with the whipple or bring it on?

If it's viable what is the best kit? and by best I mean the safest.

Car has all supporting mods. dual fpdm + dual Gt pumps, #60 injectors ect.. Car also only has 13k miles and is a garage queen so the motor is stout if that makes a difference.

Thank you.

64comet

Established Member
Have it on mine, but haven't tried it yet. I'm just running a small dry shot. With the eaton the 35hp pill got me about 50hp, but haven't tried it with the whipple yet. Have the tune for it though.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Yes its possible. I have a full bolt on, kb 2.6 car with a 100 shot wet system nitrous express. C16 tune. It gets your attention at wot.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I had it on my 2.2 with 18lbs and 75shot and made 741hp and 863tq..NX wet kit.. Now running a Zex 125 shot on my new cobra about 650hp.. The NX hit harder but the Zex has safety features that already saved me when the fuel solenoid stopped working it automatically shuts the nitrous side down as well..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I think Zex is the safest and get a window switch as well which turn the kit on and off by the Rpm you set and even gear.. I got mine off eBay for $803 shipped and it included the Zex black out wet kit,bottle heater,blow down tube and window switch..
4b474ee9-7d47-ddb1.jpg

ForceFedStang

Established Member
I had it on my 2.2 with 18lbs and 75shot and made 741hp and 863tq..NX wet kit.. Now running a Zex 125 shot on my new cobra about 650hp.. The NX hit harder but the Zex has safety features that already saved me when the fuel solenoid stopped working it automatically shuts the nitrous side down as well..

Thanks and I've actually had my sights on the Zex black out kit so good to hear about the safety features. Were those numbers with the old setup at the wheels? If so, that's insane torque. What gas were you using? I'm running 15-16lbs on the 2.6 with factory shortblock aside from new slugs and ARP hardware, full exhaust, dual FPDM's, dual GT pumps, -8 line and 60 lb injectors. Curious to know what your fuel system was like on that combo.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
Ya that was to the wheels and I have always used water meth injection so that adds quite a bit of fuel almost a full 1.5-2 pts on my A/F (675 nozzle) and also increase octane. Also being here in Colorado you can get away with a lot less and I only ran a bap and stock 39lb injectors but were at about 90%.. I'm at about 6000ft at least most of the time or I wouldn't of been able to do it.. Every car is different to as my current cobra with a stage 5 ported Eaton and spray, meth and bap I'm at about 85% not sure why there is such a huge difference between cars..

ForceFedStang

Established Member
That's crazy - factory fuel system with a bap and 39 lb injectors! What pump(s)? Wow, first I heard of running that far on the edge. So were those hp/tq numbers SAE corrected? You'd expect much less at your altitude.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
Stock pumps if it wasn't for the water meth I for sure would of need to do more fuel mods but it ran fine and did it for 20k miles of hard driving before getting rid of it.. The numbers were not corrected for altitude and would be about 100hp less or so..

Adamn

Established Member
Have it on mine, but haven't tried it yet. I'm just running a small dry shot. With the eaton the 35hp pill got me about 50hp, but haven't tried it with the whipple yet. Have the tune for it though.

Are you saying you gained 50hp from a 35hp dry shot?

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I was running a 100 dry shot on my 2.3 Whipple...never liked the idea of spraying fuel through the blower. Car made good power and ran great.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
03 Cobrra - I've seen your vids. That car is quick - that orange camaro is unreal to pull on you like it does.

Did you stop spraying for some reason?

Yea it's fast. I still spray the car but that day I ran him it was literally 100 degrees out and the bottle was almost empty and I was having traction issues. I actually ran better against him off the bottle but it's not on video.

Users who are viewing this thread