~Whipple Installed ... Now Battery is Dead!~

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Need help guys my tune is in 2 weeks and I work a lot between now and then. Whipple was finished installed in the past week and now that the car is back at my house resting for several days the battery is dead. The battery is new and Ive never had issues starting the car. No corrosion on the terminals. Does this have something to do with the boost-a-pump. All help is asked!!

I installed a boost-a-pump(with the "wire upgrade") like the directions from kenne bell had shown me in their instructions and i ran the large upgraded power wire from the fuse box next to the battery under the hood. What can I look at??

Mods are:
2.3l whipple
jlt rai
sct-2400
accufab sbtb
60# injectors
kb b-a-p
xcal2

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
No hould not be the boost a pump. you should hear it. One of the doors could have been cracked or key in the on position. Charge it back up and Ill bet you will be ok.

Last edited:

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
ya try to jump it and jsut hook up the cables and turn on the key if there is no power at all then you forgot to connect somthing back when you where doing the wireing if you git power then let it charge and try to start it

pimpdout98gt

bigdog
Established Member
after i installed my bap wiring upgrade when i came back after a few days my battery was dead also. rewired the bap and no problems. it's your bap.

twhitey

Established Member
Its probably your relay is wired incorrectly. But to verify its not your whipple send it to me and I will check it out for you.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i have no doubt its the bap .. the car was wired and installed over at my brother in laws house... days after the finished installation we uploaded the startup tune and drove it to my house... started up fine then. after the car being at my house since this past saturday it has sat.. so 4 days later it now is dead... something drained the battery and i am positive it was not the key and i saw no lights on inside the car when leaving for work each morning

does anyone who has used the b-a-p wire upgrade kit have a diagram they used ... i did mine the way the instructions said to .. i will trace the wires and colors if i can get a diagram

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i read ironterps write up on the install and i seem to have wired mine post fpdm .. his write up says to splice into the green/yellow(pre-fpdm) and NOT the brown/pink(post-fpdm) wire like i did

i dont believe this would be the cause of the battery dying tho?? i will just have to look at it tomorrow and follow his instructions to the T

xenodragon

Established Member
Definetly the BAP, i am having the same problem, I got it tested and they said the BAP is draining the battery, it either needs to be rewired, or you need a relay switch

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Guess i was wrong ,,, hope this helps(pictures),, pdf takes time to load:

http://competitionspeedandsound.com/BAP Install instructions.pdf

thanks guys i will rewire it completely today and let the battery charge (disconnected of course) while i do the work ... hope it works out i thought i was done ughh! also going to use the green/yellow this time instead of the brown/pink

im so ready for tune day so i can drive it ... of course i am excited about the power, but heck i miss driving the thing period its been like 3 weeks :burnout:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I did not use a bap but did use a bap wire upgrade. Iirc I had to wire it so the ccrm effectively becomes an on/off switch otherwise the fpdm will pull current all the time.

03yellow

Established Member
Sweet van. I had a white one I painted with spray cans. Had a milk crate for passenger seat. Woo Hoo

I did not use a bap but did use a bap wire upgrade. Iirc I had to wire it so the ccrm effectively becomes an on/off switch otherwise the fpdm will pull current all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread