Whipple Gen3 2.9L - Purchase Thru Lethal

moncho

Established Member
Thinking of possibly taking advantage of the current sales price of the following:

07-2012 Shelby GT500 Gen 3 W175AX (2.9L) SC Kit / 17psi / Black **Includes Twin 68mm TB, Fuel Pump Booster, 123mm CAI, & Calibration**

$5K shipped, sales price good thru 12/26.

Comes with a JMS fuel pump booster, don't know if it's a V2 which is plug/play & is capable of 18.5 or 22 volts. I'll check with Lethal on Tuesday.

Has anyone installed one of these yet? Thoughts?

Any input on dealing with Lethal, good or bad?

Not overly concerned about pulling the trigger before the TVS 2650 becomes available.

Thanks,
Ray

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
I just ordered one for my 04 last night. Had a few questions and they were extremely helpful before I pulled the trigger.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thats a solid kit man. For 5k, thats a great price for a complete kit.

Advertised HP?

Would be interesting to see if VMP puts a kit together for the Gen 3

Streetpwr281

Established Member
I ordered my Gen 3 Whipple 2.9 on Friday for my 2013. Selling my Gen 2 Whipple 2.9 in Market Section. Low mileage - 800rwhp capable. Perfect for a 2007 - 2012 GT500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moncho

Established Member
Thats a solid kit man. For 5k, thats a great price for a complete kit.

Advertised HP?

Would be interesting to see if VMP puts a kit together for the Gen 3

Haven't seen any posted advertised HP yet. I'm not expecting earth shattering numbers with my setup as I'm stock except for my CF/DS. For those that have the supporting mods I'm sure they'll bring in some decent numbers. This kit comes with 50-state emissions legal up to 16psi. This is appealing to folks like me that are interested and taking the plunge but maintaining many aspects of an OEM setup.

EDIT: JDM advertises 725 @ the wheels & 800 @ the crank, with 650 lb. pounds of torque. They use 72lb. fuel injectors w/o a BAP.

Last edited:

moncho

Established Member
I ordered my Gen 3 Whipple 2.9 on Friday for my 2013. Selling my Gen 2 Whipple 2.9 in Market Section. Low mileage - 800rwhp capable. Perfect for a 2007 - 2012 GT500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. Did you buy this same kit?

moncho

Established Member
What I'm really curious about is the JMS BAP. I'm hoping the kit comes with the newer version that uses the signal sensor (MAP, TPS or PPS) that triggers the BAP to go into higher voltage. If included I'd probably use the TPS as it would be much more accurate & reliable then say the vacuum/boost connection. Hoping to get answers on Tuesday.

EDIT: According to Lethal the shipped JMS BAP has the boost activation only & has to be hardwired to the FPDM. This may be a turn off for some...

Last edited:

moncho

Established Member
Anyone know the difference of the following Whipple part numbers?

WK-2500TB & WK-2500B

So far what I can find is the "B" alone is the complete kit & the "TB" is the competition setup. What I'm wondering is if one is the retrofitted Gen 3 & the other is manufactured Gen 3 out of the gate. Also, wondering if the crusher inlet is any different between the 2.

EDIT: The "WK-2500TB" defines the "Tuner" version of the SC, meaning your purchasing the stand alone SC. The "WK-2500B" version is the complete kit. There is no physical difference between the SC's.

Last edited:

moncho

Established Member
Decided to take a different approach with the Whipple SC upgrade. Purchased the following items:

Whipple 2.9L Gen 3, Whipple 68MM dual TB, Whipple 123MM CAI, ID1000 & a tune from JDM. According to JDM I should be good on emissions.

Hopefully it'll all be installed by Spring.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Going to be a bad ass setup. You'll love that TB and it looks killer.

The Whip CAI is a REAL nice piece too.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If I didn't already have my PMAS 120, Id probably spring for the kit. I have an L&M 72mm dual elliptical, but Whipple makes a nice TB. Im a huge fan of their 170mm Mono.

We need a side by side comparison with the new VMP Gen 3 like ASAP!

moncho

Established Member
There's got to be someone further down the line with a Whipple G3 install, you'd think? Hopefully the 2650 moves along so that folks can start getting the orders in. We'll see if one of these stands out. Although I think they'll each have their own specific advantage. Just going to depend on what you're looking for.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
What has my attention about the Whipple 2.9L Gen 3 is the retention of the Crusher inlet and standard GT500 TB bolt pattern. Plenty of effective TB choices to work with.

Being forced to buy what will likely be a $700-$800 TVS Gen 3 ONLY throttle body has me hesitant about the new VMP unit. Yeah, I get it, you gotta pay to play. But my Whipple Monoblade can flow 2175 cfm as is. Either the VMP Gen 3 flows a MASSIVE amount of air, or its a way to have a de facto TB purchase to get the unit running on a car. Capitalism is wonderful and a bitch at the same time haha!

A huge TB bolt pattern and monster monoblade would have made a lot of sense for a Gen3R in the future.

tktlwyr

Established Member
The question is with the massive airflow in, can you move it all thru the engine effectively and efficiently out? Lower intake, heads, cams, fuel and exhaust all come into play at that point.

Gen3 Whipple is supposed to add 30 RWHP over Gen2 Whipple on a mild set up with improvements going up from there. Other than this statement, we don't know much about the performance of the Gen3 Whipples and 2650s at this point. I can't wait to see some back to back swap data regarding this.

Users who are viewing this thread