Whipple Gen 4 supporting mods suggestions?

weider1717

Established Member
All,

2007 owner, had the car since 2,054 miles. It has had the FRPP 113 intake, 2.5” pulley and Lund tune, frpp 65mm TB, KR mufflers for a long time.

I have a new gen 4 Whipple I haven’t installed yet. I wanted suggestions on: injectors, best CIA, heat exchanger, plugs, what tuner for today’s options.

I was thinking ID1050x injectors. A friend has some new he bought for his 2012 I can buy for $700 but the box isn’t marked for having “pigtails”see pictures. Will these work? I want a simple plug and play.

cold air intake you guys know more if you’re always following the changing market. What size to I need to at least shoot for? Looks wise I like my 113 but I believe 123 is what I need or larger?

heat exchanger I would like one with no fans and that will bolt in without having to hack or trim on stuff. I can’t find it now but before when I looked I found one with a black coating I liked a lot. These are always changing and improving which is preferred these days?

Spark plugs: are the Ford 471’s which are the 13-14 stock plugs ok?

tuner: I’ve been very happy with Lunds tune on the car I ordered the tuner and all from lethal it came setup for my mods loaded and been great. Not being tech savvy it seems more is involved now? He mentioned I will need his n gauge and or laptop data log..confused on what route I want to go tuner wise with it.

Thanks for any advice!
DE8897A1-6B96-44C4-B40B-5F9D5EE6AAB8.jpeg

3590AAEF-BCA0-4C99-8DD9-5B7FB8FD9CDA.jpeg

HKusp

Established Member
I would talk with your preferred tuner on what he recommends. If you are staying with Lund call them and ask. BJ at Venomous Tuning is who I and many others use and he is very good and an active poster here.

azc0bra

Established Member
ID1050x are great injectors, Lund will like those. JLT 127mm intake will be good for lots of power, plugs.. ask your tuner. Also, those injectors are plug and play you will not need those clips or pins, you will use your factory clips. I have the same set, they area top of the line.

Last edited:

azc0bra

Established Member
If you plan on running E85 your injectors may be too small.

If he plans to run E85 he needs a full return system since he has a 2007, so he has another $1500 to spend on that, and then yes he would want ID1300s.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
If these injectors were ordered for a GT500, it should be plug and play. The 1050X does need an adapter to work on the GT500, which these seem to have. That's a great price if they're brand new.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Let me know if I can assist you.
#venomoustuning

352 800-4407 9a-5p eastern weekdays

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread