Whipple/FRPP 5.0L GT Supercharger Kits Shipping Next Week!!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lethal Performance is proud to announce that we're now taking orders for the Whipple/FRPP 2.3L Intercooled Supercharger Kits for the 2011 5.0L Mustang GT. These kits will start shipping next week.
frpp2011supercharger.jpg

There's a few ways to purchase the kit. All of which are listed on our site and can be seen by following the link below.

Whipple : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

The complete kits come with everything you need to install and drive and comes in both 525hp and 624hp versions.

The complete kits will include:
-2.3L twin-screw supercharger assembly
-Intake manifold
-Complete air-to-liquid intercooler system
-Drive belt
-47 lb./hr., high-impedance fuel injectors (M-9593-LU47)
-Ford Racing ProCal tool with performance calibration
-12 month /12,000 mile warranty (when installed by a Ford or Lincoln dealer)

Tuner kits will include everything mentioned above except for the Procal Tuner, Fuel Injectors and Supercharger Pulley

The 525hp kit produces 525 SAE hp @ 6400 rpm and 470 SAE lb.-ft. @ 4200 rpm, at approximately 7 psi of boost with 93 octane fuel

The 624hp kit produces 624 SAE hp @ 6900 rpm and 536 SAE lb.-ft. @ 4700 rpm, at approximately 9 psi of boost with 93 octane fuel

Some other features of the kit are:

* Simple bolt-on system
* Instant boost, zero lag time for incredible throttle response
* Shelby GT500 factory throttle body
* Revolutionary W140ax Gen 2 Whipple twin-screw supercharger
* Massive bar-plate aluminum intercooler for superior cooling
* Custom 47lb/hr fuel injectors
* Twin screw supercharger is the most efficient SC on the market
* Self contained oil system, no tapping oil pan
* Exclusive high flow factory air box style system
* Ford Racing flash programmer for industry leading power, reliability and durability
* Zero tuning required, all pre-set
* Available for manual and auto transmission equipped vehicles

If you have any questions about these kits or would like to place an order for one please feel free to give us a call and we'll do our best to help you out.

STAY TUNED as well as we'll be receiving our kit this week too. We'll be doing lots of testing which you'll all be able to read all about in an up and coming issue of 5.0 Mustang and SuperFords Magazine courtesy of Steve Turner

Thanks, Jared

Driver72

Established Member
I'm gonna be the the first to say that I think the power rating of the 7 psi kit is under-rated by a bunch.

If 9 psi produces 624 hp, how could only 2 psi less produce only 525 hp?

There is no way 2 psi more boost gives 100 hp more, unless there is several other things involved with the 9 psi kit. However, I don't see much of anything different.

Further, Whipple themselves, Vortech, and Procharger all make 7 psi kits for the 5.0 and all claim around 600 hp.

To me that sounds more like it. I'd think if 9 psi makes 624 hp, 7 psi should be in the 580-600 hp range.

I have a feeling once the FRPP kits are put on and people start dynoing these things we will see that they do in fact make more than 525 crank hp. You don't add 7 psi boost and gain 110 hp over stock, but then add 2 more psi and gain another 100.

Ford most likely did this for one reason:
GT350
The 7 psi kit is probably the same as they put on the GT350, and we all know they could not advertise the GT350 as having more power than the GT500. So to "protect" the GT500 and it's power, did Ford intentionally underrate the GT350 (and therefore the FRPP 7 psi kit)??

We shall see soon enough, but I think it's very probable.
And if that's the case, and it really does make closer to, say 580 hp. I'll take 580 hp and a 1 year warranty over 624 and no warranty please!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How far away are the 2.9 crusher kits?

Not far at all. We'll actually be doing a comparison for 5.0 Mustang Magazine between the 2.3L and 2.9L. Might need some pistons and rods though as if I'm going to do it I'm going to do it right! :)

Does the warranty apply to the 624hp kit?
I'm not quite sure if it does. I'll find out on Monday.

Thanks, Jared

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
Warranty is only on the 525 kit 12/12 i believe. And i'm willing to bet with the ford calibrattion the 525 kit is very SAFE..

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just to make everyone aware as not many people know the new FRPP/Whipple kit for the 2011 5.0L mustang GT uses the stock 07-10 GT500 throttle body. What that means is that any aftermarket throttle body such as the Whipple Mono/Supermono, L&M 66 and 72mm throttle bodies as well as VMP's and FRPP's CJ throttle bodies will all bolt right up and be an excellent upgrade for this blower kit. We all know removing inlet restrictions on a twin screw supercharger yields big gains.

Here's a link to all of the throttle bodies offered as an upgrade to the 2011 FRPP/WHIPPLE kit.

Throttle Bodies & Plenums : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

Thanks, Jared

kingnut

Established Member
forget the warranty on the blower. i want to know if its installed by a ford dealer do you keep the full factory warranty on the car?

Ray Lucca

Established Member
In the past when you had the dealer install the Frpp Blower you kept the rest of the warranty intact. What is un-clear to me is the 12/12 that comes with it...Does the factory 5/60 powertrain now become 12/12, or do you keep the 3/36 bumper to bumper, and get 12/12 on the blower parts?? OR??? BTW, the 9 lb. Blower kit does include a heat exchanger, although that still doesn't explain the extra 99 Hp, with 2 lbs. of extra Boost. I gotta check with Steve at Tousley for the facts, and pricing.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
with that 624 hp, when does the bottem end blow out? Roadcourse reliability?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Our 624hp kit just arrived!! I'll be posting pics in just a few. Working on them now.

WHIPPLE TIME!!

Users who are viewing this thread