Whipple 2.9L or whipple 2.3L

Fernie_SVT

Established Member
I was looking for discussion on this topic but it seems that not many people are running the 2.9 whipple. I'm not sure on running the 2.3 whipple which is the supercharger that everyone had and I've had heard great things about. The 2.9 did catch my eye but not sure about it.

What else would I need to run one of these bad boys besides pump, injectors, and a tune?
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dusten

Established Member
I was looking for discussion on this topic but it seems that not many people are running the 2.9 whipple. I'm not sure on running the 2.3 whipple which is the supercharger that everyone had and I've had heard great things about. The 2.9 did catch my eye but not sure about it.

What else would I need to run one of these bad boys besides pump, injectors, and a tune?
Thanks!

Stock truck? Built motor?

If stock, the 2.3 is way more than enough

At a minimum, pumps, injectors, maf, tune

Id add valve body, traction bars, 97 rails, regulator, good exhaust.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
For a stock 03/04 cobra a 2.3 gen 2 with 15-17psi makes some nice power within the safe limits. Youll need fuel upgrades.

Fernie_SVT

Established Member
Okay, so the 255 walbro pumps should be good, and what injectors should I use? Would 80 pound injectors be good ? What exactly do you mean by 97 rails ? The old rails ? And the regulator?

Dusten

Established Member
Okay, so the 255 walbro pumps should be good, and what injectors should I use? Would 80 pound injectors be good ? What exactly do you mean by 97 rails ? The old rails ? And the regulator?

60s are more than enough. They'll support ~600 hp and your stock motor will give up long before that.

1997 f150s had rails that were fitted with a removal regulator. This allowed an adjustable regulator.

255s are fine.

Fernie_SVT

Established Member
Sounds good, thanks again dusten, I'm currently half way to my savings goal mark to buy everything and I just needed verification before spending, I'm 19 years old and really want to build a hell of a truck

Dusten

Established Member
Sounds good, thanks again dusten, I'm currently half way to my savings goal mark to buy everything and I just needed verification before spending, I'm 19 years old and really want to build a hell of a truck

My advice.... Shelve the whipple idea.

Build other parts first.

Traction bars
Suspension
Valve body

A ported eaton will take the truck deep into the 12s with minor work.

So will that whipple for a ton more.

SVT8U.

My advice.... Shelve the whipple idea.

Build other parts first.

Traction bars
Suspension
Valve body

A ported eaton will take the truck deep into the 12s with minor work.

So will that whipple for a ton more.

Yeah you’re probably better off building the motor . And spinning that Eaton . I didn’t listen & bought a 2.3 on a stock block spent about 5 Gs with supporting mods . And only seeing 500 whp . Now I need to a buy a JLP block .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Fernie_SVT

Established Member
What's up Dusten, I followed your advice, I just pick up my truck from the dyno yesterday, ended going with a 6ib pulley, maf, intake and a throttle body, all with a 91 tune, I made 450 crank horsepower and 580 torque

Users who are viewing this thread