Whipple 2.9 time....oh yesss!

gabe1530

Banned
looks great. your thread looks the most promising. hoping to hear more as im planning on getting one as soon as i get back from afghanistan.

Last edited:

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I am so jealous! I love how we can't leave well enough alone and just keep wanting to be bigger and badder. Gonna be a killer car with the 2.9 Eric!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Yep. Pretty much the same process as the exhaust.

Looks good bro. Can't wait to see that beast in person.

Thanks Kev....hopefully you can swing by this weekend and check it out. Sanding on snout starts today.....

wow, impressive build. real touch of class :coolman:

Thank you sir! I like her to look classy....and act like a beast on the street!

looks great!

you got that pulley lookin' great! Can't wait to see the snout finished!

soon my friend, will post pics of the process starting tonight.

looks great. your thread looks the most promising. hoping to hear more as im planning on getting one as soon as i get back from afghanistan.

Be safe over there bro....give em hell is all I can say! You know I build the EO/IR FLIRs (MTS-A / MTS-B) for the Predator.....hopefully you guys are getting some good use out of those unmanned drones!

I am so jealous! I love how we can't leave well enough alone and just keep wanting to be bigger and badder. Gonna be a killer car with the 2.9 Eric!

I work on mine more than I drive. It's a sickness.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
snout finished. takes ALOT or work, but def worth it. Just check out that reflection!

gonna install snout today...

DSCN4877.jpg

DSCN4881.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
I love the black body with polished snout look so much that I may sell my fully polished stage 5, and look for a used 2.3 (black), so I can do one like that. It is WAY less upkeep than a fully polished blower too. Great job!:beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
It really amazes me how little of an opening there is in the base plate on these! Are there any advantages to opening it up in they way the porters do on the Eaton units?

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Sexay as hell!!

I think so too thx bro!

I love the black body with polished snout look so much that I may sell my fully polished stage 5, and look for a used 2.3 (black), so I can do one like that. It is WAY less upkeep than a fully polished blower too. Great job!:beer:

polished snout does look good with the black body. Thx !

It really amazes me how little of an opening there is in the base plate on these! Are there any advantages to opening it up in they way the porters do on the Eaton units?

the opening is not small....its the angle of the photo. since the 2.9 is longer than the 2.3.....the discharge is moved further forward. if you look inside the case (with the blower in front of you) it has a normal discharge sized with like an angular plate guiding the compressed air towards the intercooler. optical illusion.

and to answer you question....there is no benefit in opening it up. The eaton benefits because that style blower pressurizes the lower intake manifold. Twin screw designs pressurize the air inside the casing itself....

That looks amazing!!!! :thumbsup:

thank you sir!

WOW! That looks beautiful!!!

:beer:

The blower bolts are a little dull. J/K looks amazing. If I wasn't getting rid of my 3.4 I would do the same thing.

yeah i hate the zinc coated bolts whipple uses. they are strong but not shiny like stainless.

Wow. You have some talent when it comes to polishing :beer: What kinda of polish are you using?

i use mothers billet , with a buffing wheel on a hand held drill. the secret is time spent on wetsanding. it takes a long time to do it right (by hand). I have no fingerprints left as we speak....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread