Whipple 2.9 gen 3 install.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If Kevin tuned it then its a legit safe tune also so that's good to know.

I was more getting at was it iced down hard prior to the pull, Uncorrected numbers or STD, etc. No real trickery just an ideal dyno sheet number.

If this was a 2-3 pull consistent power output I am incredibly impressed with the blower and the owners setup.
No trickery Schyler. No ice. Here's a video of it.

Last edited:

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Car looks amazing! a few months ago I actually considered swapping my KB2.6H for a Whipple 2.9 Gen 2 or 3. Was the whipple more efficient then the KB, how do they compare?

Still waiting to get tuned. As far as the difference I can already tell. The gen 3 is way more responsive. I’ll post numbers once I get tuned. Should be in May or June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Anybody have this issue. Seems like the lower pulley sits in and the belt sits close to the edge. This is the lower pulley next to the ring at the crank. It sits normal on the other pulleys. Looks like the belt wants to jump forward.
ac25634f253112397a16f4cf3cb663ed.jpg
e7d316696df3d979f2b80e15a9f8707f.jpg

^^ upper pulley on pulley next to pulley on blower.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I’ll just hold off for the Gen 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

lol

I'm just glad products are still being offered for these dinosaurs. Vmp did a great job with the 2.3.....but now they're gone. And the 2.65 offering was half assed at best. Huge disappointment.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
That thing looks so mean just sitting their! I am considering doing a 2.9 gen 3, just not sure if i want to keep it on 91 and keep the cost down for now or go straight to E85? What injectors are you running with your new set up?

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
That thing looks so mean just sitting their! I am considering doing a 2.9 gen 3, just not sure if i want to keep it on 91 and keep the cost down for now or go straight to E85? What injectors are you running with your new set up?

Fic 1000’s from fuel injector clinic. E85 is pretty awesome. But you want to plan a far trip not so much. I need a fuel jug. Lol

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I here you! In the summer i take a few long trips to big car-shows about 80 miles one way depending on traffic an hour to hour and half, and that was something of concern.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I here you! In the summer i take a few long trips to big car-shows about 80 miles one way depending on traffic an hour to hour and half, and that was something of concern.

I plan on having two tunes just for that reason. When I do the long drives I'll be on 91.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I plan on having two tunes just for that reason. When I do the long drives I'll be on 91.

Yes. That would be a good thing to do. I might get a base tune for 91 and have a rev limiter and switch back to e85 when I get home.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
There is no issue having two tunes and swapping fuel types at a gas station if you have to. Just run the tank down as far as you can, fill up with the new fuel, drop in the tune, drive away. If you were on the E85 tune and are making the switch to E10 gas....you will run ever slightly lean for that tank because of the residual 85% ethanol. If you were on the E10 gas tune and make the switch to E85....you will run ever slightly rich for that tank. It should be minuscule a/f difference if you have run the tank down to reserve. I've done this several times over the past 7 years. I'm sure if you wanted to get very specific about it.....you could have adjusted tunes for those "swap over" tanks and begin flogging WOT immediately. Otherwise, just take it easy, there won't be a problem. That 2nd full tank let her rip like normal.

94slowbra1

Established Member
i have 2 tunes, one for 93 and one for E. i switch back and forth depending on how its being used. i even swap pullies with the tunes, really not that big of a deal

Users who are viewing this thread