Whipple 2.9 gen 3 install.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
LOL ya that might be saving ya for now. I've got the FTBR full kit with cover and 305/35 MTs. Still blows em off in second unless I'm really tricky with the throttle and momentum.

But hey, you'll be getting sideways on the freeway in 3rd if you stab it. Just be careful!

Yeah. I don’t do dumb shit like I did when I was younger. As soon as she brakes loose I let up and steer thought and carry on. Clutch brace and tires are on the list before the tune which I have no idea when that will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
In for results. Good luck with the build.

whipple is stopping the 03 cobra blowrs at gen 4. That is it for us. No reason to keep swapping blowrs 20 times and going to gen 20 xyz. If your not happy with 700rwhp go turbo. or else you are just going in circles.

That's pretty much my thought. If I ever want more than what the 2.9 can do it's time for a turbo. But I'd rather stay with the blower so it should keep me in check.

04torchred

Established Member
Very true. They announced the gen 4 a week after I received my gen 3. Oh well. I was spinning through third on the kB with a stock clutch.

Are you on the stock 10 spline input shaft? I would get that swapped because once you have a tire that bites a bit that bitch is going to snap like a tooth pick on a good shift.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Are you on the stock 10 spline input shaft? I would get that swapped because once you have a tire that bites a bit that bitch is going to snap like a tooth pick on a good shift.

Yes. All stock. It’s On the long list. Lol

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Damn.....just saw a dyno for a gen4 2.9....on an 87,000 mile factory stock '03 motor.....820/740 on only 23psi?!? And it has the famous terminator TQ curve making flat 700+ TQ completely across the curve. None of that centrifugal looking TQ curve like the 2.65 vmp.

Maybe whipple is sending the terminator lineup out to pasture with one last badass blower

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Damn.....just saw a dyno for a gen4 2.9....on an 87,000 mile factory stock '03 motor.....820/740 on only 23psi?!? And it has the famous terminator TQ curve making flat 700+ TQ completely across the curve. None of that centrifugal looking TQ curve like the 2.65 vmp.

Maybe whipple is sending the terminator lineup out to pasture with one last badass blower

Yeah. Saw that on Fb. Crusher right

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Yeah. Saw that on Fb. Crusher right

I'm not sure of all the other details....just shocked an 8.5 compression factory motor would make 820 on not anything near max rpm for that blower.

Get those gen3 results! Really looking forward to seeing what your does

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I'm not sure of all the other details....just shocked an 8.5 compression factory motor would make 820 on not anything near max rpm for that blower.

Get those gen3 results! Really looking forward to seeing what your does

I’m working on it. Waiting for the valve covers from powder coating . I’m also upgrading the head cooling mod. Catch can and saving up for injectors.

04torchred

Established Member

That's pretty crazy output. I am assuming E85? Do you have the link, be curious to see what correction factory and other mods.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Got my valve covers back along with the crossover tube. Valves covers have -12an fittings welded in for catch can. Cross over has a -12 an fitting for the back of the head cooling line. Fic1000’s should be in on Tuesday.
73eb6460c01d840de163e927e47e12f0.jpg
f333cfad47000eeea29ae3ee24c5ad9f.jpg
c1b2a962f2343940492b0aacd877ab92.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread