whipple 2.3 timing questions

stanzione88

Established Member
To all e85 experts, my car made 636rwhp on e85 through a C4, 24 degrees of timing, whipple 1st gen on 20 psi (2.75 upper - 2# lower) Im about to try out a 6# lower on the car but dont know if i should lower the timing or should i stay the same?
Keep in mind that the car should see 3 more pounds of boost.
The car has a return style fuel system so as boost goes up, fuel pressure also goes up. Of course, i will be going to the dyno to monitor the AFR and see if the car gained horsepower.

Thanks E85 experts!!!

vulture

Established Member
Ive heard many people running 23lbs with 23degrees timing , id say youd be pretty safe...Im not even close to an expert , its just what ive seen.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I would say that if your car liked 24* of timing before, then it should be similar with more boost.

Easy way to tell is keep adding timing until you see no gains like mentioned. Then back it off a degree or so.

92BlkGT

Established Member
Not to derail the thread, but how much fuel pressure are you guys running on 22-23 lbs with e85? Around 50?

Teej281

Established Member
Depends on what type of fuel system they are running. Are you referring to return style or returnless style fuel systems?

Users who are viewing this thread