Whipple 2.3 install kit for 00 lightning

TXS_MDE_87

So i bought a whipple 2.3 used, it pretty much came with the blower unit, a no name brand single blade TB and elbow that doesnt fit the TB. It also came with the studs and muts to mount the whipple to the turkey pan or intercooler.

Im wondering if you guys can help with what other parts i need to order from whipple besides EGR and Boost by pass hardware as i plan on depleting both.

TXS_MDE_87

so these are the parts im assuming i need, i didnt include the intake because i have a JLT, i plan on going aftermarket thermostat, i didnt include the boost bypass or EGR as i dont plan on using them on the install, i also didn't include the instructions and stickers as I don't really care for them. i will need a MAF and belt for the install though.

Can anyone tell me what else i might be missing?

W140 ASSEMBLY BOLT BAG (1)
M8 X 25 HHFCS (ARP) 4 3 5/16" DRIVE ASSEMBLY (1)
1.30 RIGHT (DUAL) BYPASS ASSM (1)
S/C STICKERS 2 S/C INTAKE - W140 & W200 (1)
5/8" BLACK RUBBER CAP (1)
3/8" BLACK RUBBER CAP (3)
1/4" BLACK RUBBER CAP (1)
3/16" BLACK RUBBER CAP (1)
INLET O-RING (1)
BYPASS O-RING (BOTTOM) (1)
EVAP SOLENOID FITTING (1)
3/8" RUBBER 90 DEG FITTING (1)
3/8" PLASTIC COUPLER STRAIGHT (1)
LIGHTNING 99-00 LIGHTNING DISCHARGE PLATE

boost bypass sensor bracket (1)

power steering reservoir bracket (1)

shipping bolt bag ( 54201004) (1)

5.8 oz oil bottle w/fill cap (1)

.100 S/C pulley shim kit (1)
.100 SC Shim
M6 x 16 SHCS ZINC (4)
M6 x 12 SHCS ZINC (4)

Lightning Gasket/ O - Ring Kit (1)
intercooler gasket
4 hole discharge gasket
IAC Gasket
Top Bypass O-Ring 1.30 (2)

Drive Support Assembly (1)
Lightning Drive support
Lightning Drive Support Base
M8 x 16 HHFCS Zinc (3)
M5 x 28 SHCS Zinc

Lightning Air Tube Assembly (1)
Lightning Air Tube
1/2" NPT TO 5/8" BARB 90 DEG
3/8" NPT TO 5/8" BARB 90 DEG

Wire Bag (1)
Lightning TPS Extension
Lightning IAC Extension

Hose Bag (1)
Intercooler system hose assembly
Bypass Actuator Vacuum Hose Assembly
Top Port Hose Assembly
upper side port hose assembly
lower side port assembly
5/8" molded rubber hose (2)
5/8 to 5/8 plastic coupler
PCV Valve hose Assembly

Attachments

• LIGHTNING_W140_TUNER_PACKING LIST.pdf
    114.6 KB · Views: 125

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
dont you have to have a functional boost bypass for cruising?
Only if you want to keep the blower happy and IAT's down. Cruised with a buddy when we first met and couldn't figure out why his blower was so loud on the freeway. I looked it over and the shop that installed the engine never hooked up the bypass.

TXS_MDE_87

Maybe my understanding of the boost bypass is wrong that it won't affect regular operating temps or affect normal driving its only meant to help on WOT, assumed that's what it did on the whipple as well.

Purpose of a boost bypass kit

The purpose of a boost bypass kit is to supply continuous boost from your supercharger when exceeding acceleration limits set by the factory. When acceleration exceeds factory limits, the boost actuator solenoid actuates the boost dump valve, relieving the superchargers pressure until the truck is shut down and restarted. With the boost bypass modification, you will now be able to keep your boost at the maximum level when under WOT usage. The term “boost bypass” is a bit misleading by all those dealers advertising this kit for a price. Its true name should be, WOT bypass eliminator kit . . . This modification does not effect normal engine operation and is designed for modifying boost bypass at WOT only. (WOT= wide open throttle)

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You're talking about a modification for the stock blower. It's not deleting the bypass. Its getting rid of the solenoid that controls the bypass. But you don't need to worry about that with a whipple. You'll remove all that stuff.

If you remove the bypass the blower will always be making boost. Boost=heated air. Not a good thing. It has nothing to do with the engine coolant temps.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You're talking about a modification for the stock blower. It's not deleting the bypass. Its getting rid of the solenoid that controls the bypass. But you don't need to worry about that with a whipple. You'll remove all that stuff.

If you remove the bypass the blower will always be making boost. Boost=heated air. Not a good thing. It has nothing to do with the engine coolant temps.

i was gonna say, pretty sure you can lock up a blower if the bypass valve never opens.

TXS_MDE_87

Aw okay it came with a midplate with a bypass valve wasnt planning on deleting completely just doing the mod where it didnt re route boost. Wasnt sure with adding the whipple, so im assuming im gonna need that bypass valve kit.

Users who are viewing this thread