Whipple 2.3 injector swap - quick question

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
It’s been a few years since the Whipple swap so I don’t remember much.

Is there any chance I can pull the passenger side fuel rail off while the blower is still in place? I need to swap the injectors out unfortunately.

Stock rails and standard inlet.

Thanks!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I was wondering when the VMP comment would come up. If it's been long enough that he doesn't remember I think the removable inlet point is moot.

Personally I'll deal with having to pull a blower if I decide to swap injectors in a few years vs having to "clearance" my crossover.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I was wondering when the VMP comment would come up. If it's been long enough that he doesn't remember I think the removable inlet point is moot.

Personally I'll deal with having to pull a blower if I decide to swap injectors in a few years vs having to "clearance" my crossover.

If pulling the blower is more appealing than 5 mins with a hammer than more power to you. Also the 2.3 TVS doesn't require that at all.

My buddy was able to pull the blower to intake manifold bolts and lift the blower enough to swap injectors, while leaving the intercooler in place on his old 2.3 whipple.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If pulling the blower is more appealing than 5 mins with a hammer than more power to you. Also the 2.3 TVS doesn't require that at all.

My buddy was able to pull the blower to intake manifold bolts and lift the blower enough to swap injectors, while leaving the intercooler in place on his old 2.3 whipple.
That and being able to get the polished finish. Let's be honest, 90% of us drop a blower on and leave it for years. Very few are swapping injectors regularly. Performance wise they're all similar.

94slowbra1

Established Member
and back on topic, yes you need to pull the blower. Man I don't envy you guys that live in states like this. I can't tell you the last time I actually brought my car in for an inspection. Usually I just get the tags dropped off at my house

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Since Ron lives in Komifornia.....one of the rare times I'm going to agree with Mike on this one lol. If I had to return to stock to get my inspection/registration....I'd want a removable inlet!

Now for all the rest of the non-komi states....the removable inlet is not a big deal if you're already pretty much maxed out on a 2.3 setup. 80lb inj have been in my car for over a decade and have never had any reason to be removed. Plenty of fuel. Passes inspection easily here in Texas. It's pretty much terminator 101 by now.....have a 2.3 blower? Max out fuel system (i.e. setup for E85 whether you think you'll ever run it or not).....chances the blower has to come off again pretty remote.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Since Ron lives in Komifornia.....one of the rare times I'm going to agree with Mike on this one lol. If I had to return to stock to get my inspection/registration....I'd want a removable inlet!

Now for all the rest of the non-komi states....the removable inlet is not a big deal if you're already pretty much maxed out on a 2.3 setup. 80lb inj have been in my car for over a decade and have never had any reason to be removed. Plenty of fuel. Passes inspection easily here in Texas. It's pretty much terminator 101 by now.....have a 2.3 blower? Max out fuel system (i.e. setup for E85 whether you think you'll ever run it or not).....chances the blower has to come off again pretty remote.

It sucks here more and more the older I get o_O

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
and back on topic, yes you need to pull the blower. Man I don't envy you guys that live in states like this. I can't tell you the last time I actually brought my car in for an inspection. Usually I just get the tags dropped off at my house
They're cracking down more and more too. I'm pretty sure once I'm able to travel again I will be registering my car in another state. The perks of having family elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread