Which year Shelby to buy?

lightni04blu

Established Member
Hello everyone I excuse if this is not the right thread to post this. I’m looking to buy my first Shelby Gt500. I’m between 2007-2009 or 2010-2014? I’m brand new to the mustang world and would like if any one can chime in on their experience? Thank you in advance

raustin0017

Established Member
Have owned several Mustangs in my time and have owned, drove, or rode in many other amazing vehicles. My 2014 GT500 is by far the most exciting and fun to drive.
If you were close to Virginia Beach, VA...would let you take if for a spin and you would be sold. Good luck on your search!

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I have owned several GT500's over the years. I like the looks of the 2008 the most, but 13-14 is an insane monster that is an absolute blast to drive, assuming you put the right tires on it.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
In terms of bone stock performance, 13-14. No contest. I terms of looks, my subjective opinion, 13-14. They look very mean imo

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

LethalBlake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Without a doubt definitely the 13-14 GT500! There is no comparison between the 07-09 and 13-14.. The 13-14 gave you a taste of luxury inside while being a monster in the performance realm. Our build Project " Snow White" was a killer car. Here is a direct link to our build page to get a idea of what these cars are capable of:

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
2013-2014 Shelby GT500 The last....... but best looking, Hi Performance and collectible American muscle car produced!!

From the man himself:

You wanna know whats its like to drive an upgraded version......

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Hello everyone I excuse if this is not the right thread to post this. I’m looking to buy my first Shelby Gt500. I’m between 2007-2009 or 2010-2014? I’m brand new to the mustang world and would like if any one can chime in on their experience? Thank you in advance

13/14 is the most desirable for any year Shelby.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I think one has to come up through the tiers of the GT500 platform to really appreciate both the PROs and CONS of each year. I am glad that in my lifetime I got that opportunity.

If you like to cut stuff and get nasty with modding and putting spinner wheels on your car; 2007-2012...Cut away

If you want turn key, almost perfect, no major modding needed, eye candy for your garage, the 13/14

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I wouldn't call any of them right or wrong, just a continuous evolution with improvements. If all you can afford is an 08-09 and it will take a longer time to get the extra funds, go buy one and have fun with it. I wouldn't put off owning a Shelby for "years" just to get the right year. Go get one and have fun and keep saving. When you get enough sell the older model and step up if you still want to.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread