Which Would Impress You More?

Which one Drops Your Jaw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I see but I wasnt really talking about looks. If a 03/04 was making those numbers it would be expected, a 99/01 or Sn95 not so much. Therefore wouldnt that make them more impressive and have more of a wow factor?

I see what your saying/..,.,

Then I would have to says 93 :thumbsup:

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
2nd Gen Lightning. As much as I love my Cobra, the Lightning is a goddamn juggernaut. Couple power mods, real low, and a clean look is all they need. Everybody got the hell out of the way when I had mine.

Coiled03

Established Member
93 cobra with a stock block making 600 hp would be impressive. Well at least until the stock block split.

This. 600hp on a '93 would be nice to see, and a blast to drive.

none.

longevity/durability is what impresses me. The fact you can make 600whp day in and out on a car that maintains full stock drivability is what is really impressive.

IMO any engine can make that sort of power for a pull or two if you feed it enough boost or nitrous (or both) and pray to the gods it holds together long enough to put down numbers to impress your buddies. Unless the owner knew this and was intentionally trying to kill a motor because a built one was ready to be transplanted that night.

So, you must groove on container boat engines, then? Thousands of horsepower, all kinds of durability, great driveability.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I see but I wasnt really talking about looks. If a 03/04 was making those numbers it would be expected, a 99/01 or Sn95 not so much. Therefore wouldnt that make them more impressive and have more of a wow factor?

The 29 guys who voted for an 03/04 and 14 for the Shelby's need to see this post. ^ Reading comprehension fail.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
based on looks alone Id go with the 93 cobra since you don't seem them around too often

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
1st gen L for sure. Those things were pigs IIRC. Any of the others ive seen already with that power # on here kind of often. I still like the 1st gen L's also, thought about picking one up and getting some decent N/A power out of it for a play truck

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I agree with the OP. Though biased toward the New Edge, of course, my hats off to anyone who has the talent to build a mighty, bullet-proof, Mod motor. I would lean toward the New Edge or earlier Cobra build as more "impressive" because they represent a heritage...are rarer... and frankly, because the damn the Terminator gets so much (warranted) press. And...with some wider meats the New Edge looks better...IMHO.

It's interesting that in some ways the New Edge Cobra was a concept waiting for the Coyote to happen. A lighter, high hp N/A-based Cobra. When the new smaller, lighter (we all hope) platform with the IRS is released (without the $$$helby name please)...the New Edge Cobra concept will be fully realized.

Last edited:

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
1st gen L because I would never expect to see one with 600. 03/04 Cobras are the least surprising when the owner tells you its making 600+. Not saying 03/04s aren't impressive, but it tends to be less impressive when its not surprising.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
if i had my choice my 97 Cobra body style with a Terminator motor and supporting mods. i;ve always loved that model, if i had the money i would've wanted to do a swap. my choice would be whats his name mystic-something from san marcos Tx with a swapped motor or a torch red colored sn-95.

trucks, 2nd gen lightning.

GHIG RTR

Banned
I would have to say the '93Cobra, because they are harder too see around. I can go months without seeing one here in SA. Now the others on the list, there still a dime a dozen, except for the 93-95 Lightnings. As for those, I see one at least once a month.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
Just doing a poll to see what everyone thinks. Basically my question is if you saw one of these vehicles one day and the owner told you said vehicle was making 600/600 using the factory engine(can be built to handle the added stress) or motor swap which vehicle would Impress you more?

03/04 Cobra

mmfp_1004_01_+1999_svt_cobra+front_angle.jpg

of all the terminator pictures out there, you pic a 99-01 cobra :bored: but to stay on topic, id say the 2nd lightning. just because its an awesome bodystyle and 600hp is steep to someone who doesnt know them well. i love L's and love seeing them on this site.

TDUB003

Established Member
I would say either the 93 Cobra just do to their rarity or the 96-98s because I haven't really run into any that have been built up.

Users who are viewing this thread