Which upper pulley???

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
how would just the 2.93 upper and 4 lbs. lower go, would it be too much for a non ported blower???, I have my dyno tune comming in a week (29th of this month) I might not have enough time to install the blower and all the pulleys!!! I should get my blower back on Friday of the upcomming week!!!
i've seen many people run that combo without a ported blower...

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
how big of a idel'er pulley are you using if any?

also who is your tuner im looking for a good one in NC

Thanx for the help guys! As for a tuner, i (and always have) gone to "turbo tune" in Greensboro, Their # is 336/378-1252. Camron is the reciptionst, and Mark is the tuner/owner. Its right near the Greensboro coliseum.

As for idlers, im still using the stock idlers and tensioner, someone asked that a few post up...

Kenny

Last edited:
I don't like dealing with traction issues and too many guys have reported the same problem with a 2.8 upper and 4# lower on a ported blower. The extra torque isn't worth it IMHO, if you are going to have to resort to DRs or additional suspension mods which are overkill. I think a 2.8 upper only with a port is a killer setup!

03cobrarocks

Established Member
ok guys.... questions... i just got back from the dyno.. and, a lil disapointed.. but, i think theres a reason. My mods include: steggy blower with plenium and tb, bassini catback, jlt cai, predator with mafia adaptor. BEFORE the steggy, i made 429whp with a 2.8 pulley. now with ported blower, retune and a 2.8 pulley (suposedly) i made 445whp. am i just crazy for thinking it shoulda been more? we hooked up a boost gauge and the car would barely touch 12lbs. ?? shouldnt it be more? I trust my tuner, does a awsome job and ive seen him work magic on cars. (some of my old ones included) I also dropped a size in the belt when i did the blower. Checked for leakes, changed plugs, helll even washed it... im trying not to tell myself i got ripped off.. but... i dunno any help?

Kenny

445 with a ported blower and a 2.8? is that on a mustang dyno with 91 octane I hope?

I made 458 rwhp and 475 rwtq with 2.8 upper, cai, x pipe and catback...

Were your numbers on a mustang dyno ro 91 octane? Because Ironically enough those are very low numbers as well for a 2.8 upper only. You should be easily over 500rwhp with your mods and a port.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I don't like dealing with traction issues and too many guys have reported the same problem with a 2.8 upper and 4# lower on a ported blower. The extra torque isn't worth it IMHO, if you are going to have to resort to DRs or additional suspension mods which are overkill. I think a 2.8 upper only with a port is a killer setup!

yea traction is a big issue for me but,i bet with some sort of 315's, the problem will be solved(street tires excluding summitomos). and the extra tq is worth it...its way more fun to drive now with the 4# lower

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
445 with a ported blower and a 2.8? is that on a mustang dyno with 91 octane I hope?

lol.. no.. it was a dynojet, on 93 octane (premium here in NC)

Heres another issue... during the dyno time, my iat was around 127-137 degrees.... (still got stock h/e) Now on the way home, i plugged in my predator and my iat was down to 116-120 degrees... do u think that the ecu was pulling timing that much? the car defiantly felt better on the way home...

Also, can some one who has a honest 2.8 pulley measure the diameter? my pullt doesnt even have any numbers or anything on it.. :shrug:

Kenny

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Were your numbers on a mustang dyno ro 91 octane? Because Ironically enough those are very low numbers as well for a 2.8 upper only. You should be easily over 500rwhp with your mods and a port.

NO dude I dont have a Port! It was on a dynojet with 93 octane tho... but only mods are 2.8 upper, CAI, o/r x pipe, and steeda catback...

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Kenny, noticed this post while searching for something else.

Are you using the 2.8 ( polished) that I sold you with the blower? Can guarantee it's a 2.8. With that exact pulley, I made 471whp (IIRC) on a non ported car, ~505+whp (Mustang Dyno conversion) with the StageIV blower. Saw a little over 14#'s max, dropping off at the tail end of the run per normal Eaton. Since our mods are similiar, that car should be ripping your head off power wise.

Did you get your issue figured out on your low numbers? With a 2.8, I would HIGHLY recommend an aux idler.......

Last edited:

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
Guys? I know this question has been answered many times, but I looked a little for the answer and couldn't find it and Im about to go to the store and buy a Gator back belt, but I don't know the size for a: (2.93 Upper, 4lbs lower, Billetflow 4 pc. idlers and 3.2 alt. Pulley)

I would really appreciate your guy's help!!

Thanks

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Guys? I know this question has been answered many times, but I looked a little for the answer and couldn't find it and Im about to go to the store and buy a Gator back belt, but I don't know the size for a: (2.93 Upper, 4lbs lower, Billetflow 4 pc. idlers and 3.2 alt. Pulley)

I would really appreciate your guy's help!!

Thanks

Should be an 81" belt IIRC.

Here is a GREAT resource for belt sizes (thanks to CobraBob)

http://stangshiftergaskets.com/BeltSelectionGuide.htm

Users who are viewing this thread