Which turbo for my needs?

smashedheadcat

Established Member
The HP kit fits nice when you get all the pipes in the right position. I'm sure the Hellion kits fit well too. The only con I see for HP's twins is oil drainback. You will need to buy 2 oil restrictors (about $20) to slow down the oil flow into the turbo. HP can send these with your kit. From what I see, the twins have been outperforming the bigger single cobras. Not by much, but IMO, they work better.

TRBO VNM

I know the fit and install of the hellion is very nice and goes together really well.

again, it depends on what your plans are with the car. also the HP keeps the turbo's behind the bumper and the hellion is in the engine bay. personal preference for you to decide what you like.

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
cook2456 said:
Is the HP kit as good as the Hellion kit for fit and ease of installation?
Any more pro/cons in having either the twins over the single?

no the HP kit is not as nice in fitment or quality of piping. twins=twice the headache if there is a problem to diagnose.

Nate

Blown02

Established Member
HellionCobra said:
no the HP kit is not as nice in fitment or quality of piping. twins=twice the headache if there is a problem to diagnose.

Nate

I dont really like how the hellion kits retain the stock manifolds, and it seems like there is excessive piping, maybe Im wrong.. These twins build boost fast, and I just wouldnt want to loose that, Im not sure when these single kits are producing full boost...The hp kit that I have fits great, the customer service is getting better and the kits are on time now. These kits make a TON of power and will be here for a long time. I have no drainback issues at all...

A+++

My vote is for HP twin 57s.

Last edited:

Blown02

Established Member
nate-the single that made 8xxrwhp, forgot if it made 850 or what, at 24psi, spiking to 27psi.. was that at high altitude? or? I thought I heard something like that.

Anyways, props, Ive alot of good things about the hellion kits. that big turbo looks nice infront of those big valve covers!

Users who are viewing this thread