Which TPMS with these supersnake wheels?

Thabeast

Established Member
supersnake wheels.jpg

Which tpms are working for you guys with these wheels?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I would imagine the factory TPMS sensors should work. Not sure what else you would use.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I also have an ebay set of rims. Please post when you figure it out. I was going to check with Discount Tire. The have a short TPMS that is something like part # 10001HP. They are all metal and silver, just not sure if they are too long.

Tom

Thabeast

Established Member
Today I talked with Jeremy at SAI, he didn't know but checked with the techs and called me back--last time I called the person obviously didn't know and didn't offer to check with someone, so big thanks to Jeremy. I ordered the tpms short mounts (no air valve, basically just a mounting stud) and the sensors they use at SAI on the super snakes. The mounts are on the Shelby parts website but the sensors aren't. I'll post a pic when my parts arrive.

svt662

Established Member
Today I talked with Jeremy at SAI, he didn't know but checked with the techs and called me back--last time I called the person obviously didn't know and didn't offer to check with someone, so big thanks to Jeremy. I ordered the tpms short mounts (no air valve, basically just a mounting stud) and the sensors they use at SAI on the super snakes. The mounts are on the Shelby parts website but the sensors aren't. I'll post a pic when my parts arrive.
So how much does it cost for these parts? Thanks!

little-dw

Established Member
$290 is ridiculous for just the mounting studs. there are a few threads floating around here saying that for our cars, we need to have a metal tpms due to speed ratings. i think the two aftermarket tpms people talked about were schrader and dorman. there was a thread about someone having a blowout where the tpms gave out at high speeds. i think he had a rubber tpms and then went with dorman and all has been fine ever since

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
$290 is ridiculous for just the mounting studs. there are a few threads floating around here saying that for our cars, we need to have a metal tpms due to speed ratings. i think the two aftermarket tpms people talked about were schrader and dorman. there was a thread about someone having a blowout where the tpms gave out at high speeds. i think he had a rubber tpms and then went with dorman and all has been fine ever since

I believe the op in the thread you're referencing was movingzen

Thabeast

Established Member

Total, tpms and mounting studs.

Thabeast

Established Member
I found this on the Shelby website:

http://www.shelbystore.com/Wheel-Sensor-p/shorttpms.htm

I don't even understand what this is. It is described as a "TPMS Sensor (short)". I am confused. I don't see anything in that picture that resembles the sensors I have seen.

What else did you purchase?

Tom

Purchased these in the link above plus the sensors SAI Said they use on the super snake builds. The link above is misleading because those are actually just mounting studs for tpms, no sensor included in those markets uniting studs

Thabeast

Established Member
They sensors Shelby sent are dorman, bolt to mounting studs without issue or drama.

New tires arrived today, waiting on low dust brake pads to install everything at once

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Pics PLEASE of the sensors and how they mount to the studs. The Dorman part # would be great!

What tires are you going with? Tom

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I want to use the Shelby short version since this is on the inside lip of the wheel and I will never add air. I want to get the correct sensor that will attach to the short Shelby stem.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread