Which toy next?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Fellas, I am thinking of another toy and input is appreciated. I have not decided on any. None of the above is certainly an option too. Which of these would you pick and why?

1. GT350. I would likely SC or turbo + e85
Pro: I love mustangs, would match my GT500. FI voodoo is really intriguing.
Con: Voodoo and its issues scares the shit out of me. Really want the R which is not a terribly good value.

2. C6 ZO6. I would do H/C.
Pro: Track monster, massaged LS7 is something to behold.
Con: Its a Corvette. Not sure that I am interested in the low position/look.

3. C6 ZR1. Would probably leave it alone initially but eventually port blower/cam/headers
Pro: Possibly the zenith of Corvettes
Con: See above.

4. C7 ZR1. Would leave stock for time being.
Pro: Absolute monster. Truly king of the hill.
Con: See above and overpriced for what you get.

5. C7 Zo6. Not sure what I would do. Possibly procharge and fuel system and eventually full build.
Pro: With mods can be built into monster.
Con: Tiny blower and shit fuel system. Require a good $20k to make it the way it should have left the factory.

6. ZL1 1Le. I would do pulley and headers maybe H/C
Pro: Light mods make this into track monster that will outdo 350 in every way.
Con: Its a camaro. Also would spend most of its life on street which seems like a waste.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
C6 ZR1 is a HUGE WANT for me. Sadly it'll never happen, the GT350 will but not the ZR1. That's my choice. ;)

Timeless ;)
zr1.PNG

Last edited:

bigja01cobra

Established Member
I would be stuck between 1 and 5. 1 Because I love the look of the GT350 and that sound man that sound, definitely would require FI for your full enjoyment.
5 is a great option as well, I think they are also gorgeous cars and would be very fun on the street even in stock trim like the options and interior of the C7 as well. I would probably leave it mostly stock though and drive it more.

VegasMichael

Established Member
3. C6 ZR1. Would probably leave it alone initially but eventually port blower/cam/headers
Pro: Possibly the zenith of Corvettes
Con: Its a Corvette. Not sure that I am interested in the low position/look.

I've driven a few Vettes and was always sure I wouldn't like the lowness in the drivers seat but I always ended up liking it. Maybe rent a Vette for a few days and see how you like it. I know Budget rents them. Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
ZL 1. #5, for sure. I have a buddy who has one. It’s a monster. The electric cutouts makes that thing sound insane with headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
This was after he put a Whipple on his car. I can’t find the dyno sheet.

e2dc29fff0db8ba43b6f9568b097d501.jpg

coremaster21

Established Member
C6 ZR1. I saw a video not to long ago of a C6 ZR1 beating a C7 ZR1 from a roll stock for stock. Plus I think the C6 ZR1 wont depreciate much anymore unlike the C7.

08mojo

Established Member
You have the GT500--which covers the boosted fun and mustang niche.

Personally, I'd go C6Z06 and have some fun. C6ZR1 is badass, but they are still pricey. You can get a very nice C6Z for half the cost of a ZR1. I'm also a huge fan of NA power. If you ever plan to track the car, of all the cars and mods you listed, I'd pick a C6Z every single time.

If you have the coin, go for the C7 ZR1--but that's a lot of coin. The C6Z depreciation has really slowed down, and I don't think we are too far off from their bottom. Point is, have some fun with the car then turn around and sell it for minimal loss. The only reason I sold my C6Z is because I was offered what I paid for it.

If you've never had a modern corvette, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot. It's a big improvement over the mustang platforms.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I presume he did the fuel system too? I would probably just oulley/header 1le if I got that one. They seem very well balanced from the factory.

I don’t think so. He did meth injection. The fuel systems on these cars are stout!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I presume he did the fuel system too? I would probably just oulley/header 1le if I got that one. They seem very well balanced from the factory.

Here are his mods:

840 hp
Whipple
Intercoolers
Meth
60% e85
Full exhaust using stock muffler

He said he is putting a low side fuel kit on it next week and retune.
Weapon X is who he has doing all the work. These cars are BAD!!!! They just aren’t talked about as much as they should be. For the money, the potential is unreal.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member

Here are his mods:

840 hp
Whipple
Intercoolers
Meth
60% e85
Full exhaust using stock muffler

He said he is putting a low side fuel kit on it next week and retune.
Weapon X is who he has doing all the work. These cars are BAD!!!! They just aren’t talked about as much as they should be. For the money, the potential is unreal.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
That's a great list.

1. GT350 with twins or whipple gives me a boner. I hear you on the issues but even if you blow it you can build it better.

2. C6 ZO6. Meh, always loved these cars, solid, lots of potential but I'm over it. The last one was built in 2013, that's 8 model years ago.

3. C6 ZR1. There is nothing wrong with this but the price they still go for and again last one was built in 2013.

4. C7 ZR1. If you have the money this is a great choice.

5. C7 Zo6. I love these, if it were my money it would be this or the GT350 with a Hellion kit. Red, silver or blue please.

6. ZL1 1Le. I like this car, I would own this car, I've had 9 F-body's but 2 things. I am too tall to be comfortable in the leaned back seating position. Driving on the street with the lack of outward vision is less than confidence inspiring. And lastly for the money I just can't get over the interior. And that's coming from a guy with a S197.

What about a turbo Viper, C8, or 2020 GT500?

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
If the C7 ZR1 is on your radar, then it isn't even close. Better performance out of the box than any of the other choices, the last "halo" front engine Corvette, best resale value, the best overall car in terms of both performance and luxury, highest power potential of any of the choices if/when you decide to mod, and the list goes on. The only qualm I have would be you saying it's "overpriced for what you get." See all of the reasons I listed, especially that it has the best resale value. It might be the highest cost of entry, but will retain its value better than any of the other choices. Also, it's a performance bargain when you consider it beat the new Ford GT's lap time at VIR when they were flogging it for 24 hours during durability testing.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
If you have the funds for the C7 ZR1,..........that all day long!!!
Such a beautiful car with gobs of power/torque.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
That's a great list.

1. GT350 with twins or whipple gives me a boner. I hear you on the issues but even if you blow it you can build it better.

2. C6 ZO6. Meh, always loved these cars, solid, lots of potential but I'm over it. The last one was built in 2013, that's 8 model years ago.

3. C6 ZR1. There is nothing wrong with this but the price they still go for and again last one was built in 2013.

4. C7 ZR1. If you have the money this is a great choice.

5. C7 Zo6. I love these, if it were my money it would be this or the GT350 with a Hellion kit. Red, silver or blue please.

6. ZL1 1Le. I like this car, I would own this car, I've had 9 F-body's but 2 things. I am too tall to be comfortable in the leaned back seating position. Driving on the street with the lack of outward vision is less than confidence inspiring. And lastly for the money I just can't get over the interior. And that's coming from a guy with a S197.

What about a turbo Viper, C8, or 2020 GT500?

Good comments. And I hear you on the camaro vision. I have a cowl hood on my gt500 and it can be a PIA.

2020 GT500 is certainly an option too.

Users who are viewing this thread