Which Tires NT05 vs Toyo R888

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
For anyone who's ran either of these two on high horsepower cars.. Which ones did you like more?? I wanna run one of these on my stock brembo wheels and get the most traction I can for street use... So either the 265/35R19 R888 or the 275/35r19 NTO5's... To those that have ran either or both please chime in.. Thx

BV600

Established Member
Ive ran the NT05 on my c5z wouldn't call it a straight line performer, I think the r888 would be a stickier tire.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Both aren't really that great. Much better options out there.

Also, I would recommend a 275/40 over either of the 2 sizes you stated.

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
Both aren't really that great. Much better options out there.

Also, I would recommend a 275/40 over either of the 2 sizes you stated.
What other options are there that would fit on a stock brembo wheel... i actually wld rather more sidewall/stock look anyways

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Continental ExtremeContact DW, Nitto Invo, Hankook Ventus V12, many others. Check Tire Rack and other places to see what's available.

grnenvy

Established Member
The two best tires out and considered street able are the Toyo R888 and NT05-R. The rest don't hook because they are to hard or they are Cheater slicks like M/T which won't last or u will die in the rain.
There both awesome just pic the size that fits u best. I just went with the NT05-Rs because they were taller.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Michelin PSS's here. Wont touch another tire for a predominant street car.

mpette

Established Member
I just put Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Positions on my 2011. They are much, much better than the stockers and are pretty inexpensive (for the 245/45-19, size at least).

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
If you are looking for the best overall street tire that will still give you dependable hooking capability, then the Michelin, Conti and Hankook are your best bets.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I think it depends what you want. There are compromises for each kind of tire. If you're making big power and want it to last a while, you can get a regular(non-R-compound) summer tire, which means no traction in 1st and 2nd. Or you can get a very sticky drag tire that will last 6K miles.

From the research I've done, the Nitto R555 DR's and Toyo R888's are both very sticky and last longer than most of the other track tires. The Nitto's can easily go 12K miles and the Toyo R888's can go a even further, about 16-17K miles. So my vote goes to the Toyo R888 simply because its a good compromise between traction and wear.

calgarybandit

Established Member
I have had 2 sets of the R88 and 1 NT05 R I think the R888 is a little louder daily driving and for sure better in the rain NT 05R hook hard if you warm them up a little I have an auto with 634 RWHP.

Users who are viewing this thread