Which sony tv to get.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Sony X950G is the ‘better’ tv but doubt the difference is enough to notice. Price probably would be the decider since features are almost exact.

If you compared either to an OLED model you could see a definite upgrade in picture quality along with a corresponding rise in price.

On the bloom, all LED bloom to some degree. The X950G is supposed to be more OLED like and less bloom but I would want an X950G owner to confirm. The Sony Z9 is even better LED and more expensive. Better blacks less bloom. I thought about buying one but ultimately went with an OLED and glad I did.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Only you can decide if $300 difference is a deciding factor. When I look at the Sony TV recently I personally thought the 950 line looked better than the 900 line. Still, I don’t believe there were earth shattering differences.

Since I didn’t buy either, hopefully someone who did will chime in.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
900 series is a carry over from MY18 (hence why an "F"), 950G is MY19, and has the X-1 Ultimate (vs extreme) video processor. Video processing is VERY important, especially in larger sets. Go 950, if the budget allows. This is assuming you do not want to go A9 OLED

Users who are viewing this thread