Which should I do...

Mach-won

I have a 03 mach 1 with a procharger p1 on it. I changed the pulley from a 3.6 down to 3.2 but I haven't gotten the car retuned yet. Planned on getting tuned but something would always come up. Its been running decent until lately it's been hesitating. I was thinking should I just order one of those cheap bama tunes that I kno will be conservative and get it emailed to my sct itsx, or just keep running lean and get a better tune whenever I get the money together (which could take a while lol)

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Stay away from Bama. Your best bet would be to put the 3.6 back on until you're able to get a real tune. Or stay out of boost until then. If you're running really lean you'll blow the engine.

Mach-won

Im not really sure im running lean, I just kno I probably am. My engine is built and I've actually raced the car like this already. I was just looking for some opinions and was wondering if bama would be better than untuned

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Cheap and tune, not words I'd necessarily want to use together. You've spent quite a bit on your car already, why chance it? I'd either throw the 3.6" back on or stay out of boost until you can get it tuned properly.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Im not really sure im running lean, I just kno I probably am. My engine is built and I've actually raced the car like this already. I was just looking for some opinions and was wondering if bama would be better than untuned

You've added roughly 4psi. Unless your tune was stupid rich (which I doubt) you're lean now. You might have gotten lucky but don't push it. Detonation can kill a built engine just as fast as a stocker.

And get a wideband so you can watch the A/F. IMO any forced induction car should have one.

nxhappy

Established Member
jesus. stop running it WOT. Get it on the dyno and get it tuned by a good tuner.

OR ....don't listen to us, and **** up the motor with your extra boost. Your choice.

decipha

Established Member
if its hesitating all of a sudden for no reason u have to get that fixed before u can get it tuned

if it was tuned properly before you should not have hurt the engine. Most experienced tuners always setup their tunes for more boost (its usually enivetable) since most people like to turn it up later. As long as your not pegging the maf or fuel system it should be only need simple minor adjustments to the tune if any.

Its always wise to double check everything anytime u make changes.

As stated, get an aem digital widebamd amd see where your fuels at.

Users who are viewing this thread