Votes: 21 17.6%
  • AFS Chrome Stockers

Votes: 60 50.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svtaddict

Established Member
106.jpg
my personal favorite are the ccw sp500s theres a sonic blu onw floating around that i would kill for ive also been dying to see those bronze ones up top on a sonic blue it would look dope but maybe too sti ish but id have to see it

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
You know whats really strange? I will go out of the way to get a motor build, completely change my suspension, brake upgrades etc etc and yet I wont spend that kind of money appearance :shrug:

Oh for sure... I couldn't ever really imagine spending that kind of coin on rims... That "maybe one day" for me would have to be when there is absolutely nothing else I could do to the car and I just felt like blowing a few G's...

svtaddict

Established Member
yeah im 32 and ive been lusting for a cobra for about five years and i finally got it now im working on a whipple then those sp500s. you just gotta got to lay on nice and slow or the wife will flip out at how much money im spending hahaha

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i have these sp500s on my red coupe (and past mystichrome vert) but i have always thought these ccw site pics of a sonic blue are absolutely sic :coolman:

03.jpg

01.jpg

mrose75

Established Member
18" AFS Stock Reps.

But I'd like to see what these look like as well....
IMG_6017x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
that car looks pretty damn good with those creative and clear photo angles but they need to be in 18s. Those 17s are way too small in person, looks like pit wheels in the rear.

If you wanna sacrifice traction for looks then yeah... Personally, I'd rather have better traction. Just my opinion though...

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
If you wanna sacrifice traction for looks then yeah... Personally, I'd rather have better traction. Just my opinion though...

that is not necessarily the case, depends on tire choice for the 18 rear. if you go with a tiny sidewall and short 25.5" 315/30/18 I would agree with you. I'm personally running a 26.3" tall 315/35/18 toyo dr with decent sidewall and hooks like mad with the outside temps in a decent range :beer:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
that is not necessarily the case, depends on tire choice for the 18 rear. if you go with a tiny sidewall and short 25.5" 315/30/18 I would agree with you. I'm personally running a 26.3" tall 315/35/18 toyo dr with decent sidewall and hooks like mad with the outside temps in a decent range :beer:

Judging from where you're at Texas, I'm gonna guess temps are always in a decent range. Never been to Corpus Christi but it's usually pretty warm there all the time right?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Judging from where you're at Texas, I'm gonna guess temps are always in a decent range. Never been to Corpus Christi but it's usually pretty warm there all the time right?

yes, may thru september there is zero chance of a freeze. october thru april it can get cold, but usually not. i think we'll see 80 today but then its supposed to freeze middle of next week. in my experience with this setup, as long as the temp is above 60 you have a good chance at traction. 50-60 range it gets dicier and below 50 forgetaboutit. but also keep in mind the 26"+ tall setup does effectively lower the overall gearing ratio so that helps, especially with the twin screw, so there are 2 factors at work (tread compound and height)

10sec89

Established Member
The Chrome stock style 18's look great. I went with a love it or hate it on my DSG Chrome deep dish 10th anniversary wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread