Which Pulley for the stock eaton??

blunda2437

Established Member
Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my 04 Cobra. Currently car has x pipe, cat back, intake and clutch. Everything else pretty much stock. I do have a hand held tuner but car has never been tuned.

I was deciding between either the BilletFlow 2.93 or 2.76 upper pulley with a snub idler and possibly getting the idler pulley kit for the other three. With the spark plugs to go along.

My question is what size belt do I need to run if I decide to go with the 2.93 and snub idler only? Same question for a 2.76 with snub idler only. And If I decide to add the other idlers, does that change the belt size??

I’m not looking to go too crazy, I want reliability and don’t want to over heat the blower. Will the stock MAF hold up or do I need to upgrade that as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first terminator/super charged car. All my other mustangs have been all motor.

Thanks for the help and any input

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Do the 2.76 with 4-piece idler set and use the stock belt.

Both my cars are stock eaton, upper-pulley cars and are both daily driven. I put a ton of miles on them with no reliability issues regarding this upgrade. (Vert has the 2.76, coupe has the 2.93.) Neither needed any fuel, MAF, or SC cooling upgrades. Track #s in sig.

Get a good dyno tune, and enjoy!

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
capture1.png

blunda2437

Established Member

Both my cars are stock eaton, upper-pulley cars and are both daily driven. I put a ton of miles on them with no reliability issues regarding this upgrade. (Vert has the 2.76, coupe has the 2.93.) Neither needed any fuel, MAF, or SC cooling upgrades. Track #s in sig.

Cool, thank you for the input. I didn’t know the stock belt would fit with that extra snub idler mounted there.

blunda2437

Established Member

I guess that makes sense though with the stock length belt having that snub idler cuts down slack. I’ve seen people do without the idler set, but I feel it’s better just to do it while doing the upper pulley and get it out of the way so you don’t have to worry. What’s your HP/TQ numbers with the 2.76 and the 2.93??

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I guess that makes sense though with the stock length belt having that snub idler cuts down slack. I’ve seen people do without the idler set, but I feel it’s better just to do it while doing the upper pulley and get it out of the way so you don’t have to worry. What’s your HP/TQ numbers with the 2.76 and the 2.93??

All numbers are in my sig.

Long Island, huh? I grew up in East Meadow and graduated from Huntington High!

Users who are viewing this thread