Which one for future plans?

5.0Flareside

Established Member
ok guys. I'm wanting to hear opinions about power adder choice in the future. current setup in my 92 F150 Flareside
302 .030 over
stock bottom end with flat top pistons w/valve reliefs
Trick Flow Track Heats 170s with 58cc chambers
Comp XE264HR-14 can
1.72 roller rockers
currently is ported truck intake, port matched to the heads. may change to a trick flow intake in future if it'll improve what ever I do.

exhaust is currently Hedman long tubes 1.5" primaries 3" collector, 2.5" pipes mandrel bent, magnaflow cats, X-Pipe, Spintech race mufflers exiting out passenger side in gen 2 lightning location.

Plan is to change to E85, and if nitrous injected it'll be MAF swapped.

if turbo or Supercharged it'll be a F.A.S.T. system put on it.

So which way will you go between the 3 in this daily driven truck?

please give reasoning behind it..

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Why not go MAF with the blower or turbo? If you have money or skills go turbo. Lots of torque for moving a big truck.

Buddy of mine had a Vortech S trim on his Lightning. He never seemed 100% happy with it. He traded it in for an 01 Lightning.

5.0Flareside

Established Member
Why not go MAF with the blower or turbo? If you have money or skills go turbo. Lots of torque for moving a big truck.

Buddy of mine had a Vortech S trim on his Lightning. He never seemed 100% happy with it. He traded it in for an 01 Lightning.

How much is cost a factor? Turbo ftw

prefer Speed density for performance apps as that's what pretty much all aftermarket systems are. but being nitrous ain't a major thing I would go MAF.

I'm not thinking cost currently.. that's why this is a future planning thread

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member
my only issue with nitrous is you have to fill a bottle so i never had a system on my car.
As hard as i drive all my stuff i would probably run out on a trip to town and back. I loved my procharger F1 and as of right now sad i sold it. But i have always wanted a turbo car so when i finish it im hoping the swap to turbo will well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread