which octane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawed-off

Banned
Ummm,,,,I don't recall ever using the word,"always" in any of my verbage, in any of my posts. I'm sitting here looking at them, right now, and it's just not there. :shrug:

Yes, the lower octane fuels are dirtier. I have a set of work vehicles and have gone to higher grade fuel, because I don't have to change out fuel filters or have injectors cleaned as often. The vehicles run much better. Fuel mileage has also increased, because the engine runs better, meaning I don't have to get on the pedal as much to do the same amount of work.

sawed-off

Banned
Originally posted by wheelspin
Um, yeah, ok. Keep tell him to keep putting 93 in an engine that doesn't need it. Whatever. I presently own 4 5.0 Mustangs, and I haven't experienced detonation in any of them on 87. I also quoted several magazines that had documentaion from engineers on the subject. I also quoted Ford's recommendations based on the observations of their engineers. Ok. You can have your opinion. It's just wrong. At least it wouldn't hurt anything to spend the extra money. It's just a waste...

So you own 4 Mustangs, and your point is??? Do any of them even run?

wheelspin

Established Member
I'd love to keep discussing this, as I respect other opinions, and am always interested in hearing someone else's take on something. But you've already busted out on one moderator who attempted to dicuss this with you, and now you're railing on a second. This one is done.

FWIW, I utterly disagree with the lower octane being "dirtier". Maybe it's a local thing for you, I've just never seen it, or heard of it. Maybe we have better gas here. :shrug:
Furthermore, I race the hell out of 3 out of 4 of my Mustangs, and I do it with the minimum octane I know I will require. Two of them still run on 87. I haven't replaced a crank, a piston, or any of your other "sky is falling" predictions. I say, as Ford says, you don't have to run premium when they are stock. So, I will agree to disagree with you.

Either way, your attitude does little to contribute to the knowledge base here. Take your 25 posts and back off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread