which MAF are you running?

SSeatr

Established Member
building my twin turbo 99, and wanted to see what everyone was using for their MAF and what #'s are they putting down and if any issues.

ill be using 80# injectors.

SCT BA3000? would this be sufficient?

Abaco?

SCT BA5000, whats up with the slot style MAF's whats needed to install, or is it the same?

Wildcard

Established Member
Pmas hpx... Use it on all of my builds. Just the pigtail and the flange and your set.

SSeatr

Established Member
cool yea i was looking into that last night, i went with hellions twin setup, but the piping is i believe 3.5" so by vmp's site i would need 4" to 4.5" to handle 800-1000hp?

or would a 3.5" housing be fine, it says 650-800 but then when you click on their 3.5" housing is says 600-1000 capable

also the ABACO AB-DBX85 is a 3.5" and says handles up to 1000rwhp, my tuner recommended that i look into this MAF also because of the design of the sensor. but i am going to use which ever would work better, i may be modifying the piping anyway, i want at least 8" straight before the MAF and 8" straight after, i would rather 1' straight on both sides to cut out the turbulence, but he said the Abaco helps if we can't do that because of their x design with 4 sensors.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
U can run more than a 1000 on a 3.75" tube. A 3.5" you'll be fine for the up that you want to make.

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
If anyone wants, I have a JLT 110mm GT Supercar MAF with Diablo MAFIA to adapt to Cobras => $290 shipped (over $500 new)

PM me if interested, as I am not monitoring this thread. --Pics available.

SSeatr

Established Member
my tuner said for me to grab a prom they have a 3.5" tube on their maf so its the same at the hellion kit less turbulence = better tune i guess ill take his word for it, down the line i will be changing the piping around for a sullivan intake then i will probably go with a sctba

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
The HPX slot MAF is the best sensor to go with. If you go any bigger then a 3.5" tube you are going to have some driveability issues. I would go with the HPX, 3.5" tube and a MAFia. This will support the #s you want to make. Make sure there is a nice straight section before the sensor as well.

ZACH'S97

Established Member
Justin at VMP told me when I was ordering on a turbo car 3.5" tube with the hpx meter will support 900+rwhp without a MAFia and that a 3" tube will make it to about 700+rwhp without a MAFia. He said there shouldn't be many issues with drivability on the 3.5" tube (of course 3" will have higher MAF counts and be easier to tune at idle/low rpm).

SSeatr

Established Member
Justin at VMP told me when I was ordering on a turbo car 3.5" tube with the hpx meter will support 900+rwhp without a MAFia and that a 3" tube will make it to about 700+rwhp without a MAFia. He said there shouldn't be many issues with drivability on the 3.5" tube (of course 3" will have higher MAF counts and be easier to tune at idle/low rpm).

from VMP's site:

-Use HPX sensor for vehicles making 600-800RWHP (use extender for more range).
-*sensor pictured but not included

-The 83MM design affords approximately 100 more RWHP worth of range over the 75MM design

this would put the 3" tube at 500-700rwhp, also Hellions turbo kit is 3.5" tubing, so i am going to use 3.5"

i think i am going to go with the prom, my tuner said i can make the HP i want with it, we will see :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread