Which lowering springs?

GS357

Established Member
Looking for a mild drop but don't want to effect the launch at the track and on the street. What is the difference between the Eibach Pro kit, the Ford P and K springs, Steeda, and the BMR springs? I will probably keep the stock shocks and struts for now but maybe Viking rears later.

Repth

Established Member
If you lower the car and only change the springs, you're going to (negatively) affect the launch. If nothing else I'd think you would want to look into some relo brackets to correct the LCA angle once it is lowered a bit. FWIW I'm loving my Eibach Sportlines and I don't feel like the drop was radical at all.

BrianH87

Established Member
I loved the drop of the sportlines, but the ride was not worth it to me. I have them on Koni Yellows and the ride is pretty much awful for PA roads. Ride quality is subjective though.

Repth

Established Member
I loved the drop of the sportlines, but the ride was not worth it to me. I have them on Koni Yellows and the ride is pretty much awful for PA roads. Ride quality is subjective though.

Ride quality is definitely subjective. I can tolerate a shit ride but my girlfriend is a huge critic. We both felt that ride comfort was better than stock and it definitely performs better. I have them on orange Konis. Haven't had it on any really rough roads, yet.

Also yeah, the sportlines are the lower of the two.

GHOST99

Established Member
if you are not gonna change the shocks then dont do sportlines. dips in the road will sling shot you to the roof of your car.

i have sportlines with stock shocks. highway is fine as long as there is not a dip.

i will be switching to steeda springs and pro action shocks. i dont wanna take a chance and change the shocks and still have that quick bounce. that is really the main thing that i dont like about sportlines. i have been searching for months now. by the way the car is a 14GT that i bought with 7500 miles on it that came with the sportlines. car now has little over 11000 miles. just my opinion.

Repth

Established Member
if you are not gonna change the shocks then dont do sportlines. dips in the road will sling shot you to the roof of your car.

i have sportlines with stock shocks. highway is fine as long as there is not a dip.

i will be switching to steeda springs and pro action shocks. i dont wanna take a chance and change the shocks and still have that quick bounce. that is really the main thing that i dont like about sportlines. i have been searching for months now. by the way the car is a 14GT that i bought with 7500 miles on it that came with the sportlines. car now has little over 11000 miles. just my opinion.

I get less of what you call the "quick bounce" with my sportlines/oranges than I did with the stock track pack suspension.

GHOST99

Established Member
wow ok. i am really tempted to try the pro action shocks with the sportlines. i just hate to do all that putting on taking off if it dont work

Repth

Established Member
wow ok. i am really tempted to try the pro action shocks with the sportlines. i just hate to do all that putting on taking off if it dont work

Well I can't guarantee your experience but the ride is more comfortable and better performing than stock. But I never did just springs, I went straight to springs, dampers, LCA, UCA, etc.

GS357

Established Member
Are the Steeda springs more on line with the Pro kit? Seems like a lot of people running the Steeda springs.

Masheen365

Established Member
I just switched to BMR SP009s, still running stock shocks. Dropped it the advertised 1.5". Only supporting mod is an adjustable pan hard bar to keep the rear centered. Ride is noticeably stiffer but not too much, handling is much better. Of course that could also have a lot to do with the new wheels and tires (SVE Drifts 9/10 and Nitto 555s). Has the perfect stance on the 18s.

New struts will be next on suspension mods.

Last edited:

GS357

Established Member
Not sure which way to go here. I think I have read of some people using the Ford P and K springs with stock struts and shocks. I try to search on the FRPP Springs. Thanks for the comments.

BMR Tech

My vote is for our SP009 Springs. They are slightly stiffer than stock at 165F / 160R Linear working rates, (stock is 130F / 156R) - provide excellent drive quality, and I have thousands of customers running them with the OEM dampers. I DO recommend aftermarket dampers with any lowering spring that drops the car 1" or more, though.

Out of all of the Springs mentioned in this thread, our SP009 Springs are the softest (yet stiffer than stock) and the only spring to my knowledge that you will see people using for both drag use, and handling use. ;)

If you have any particular questions about our springs, let me know! We also have the SP068 springs that are gradually becoming our #1 spring. I designed them as a "drag" spring, yet, they will handle BETTER than stock springs.

Happy modding!

GS357

Established Member
I would definitely consider the BMR drag spring if it had a closer to stock ride, lowered the car, improved the handling, and was great at the track. Sounds too good to be true. What is the compromise with this spring? Very interested.

12CandyredGT

Established Member
I 2nd that question. If it keeps a nice ride with better track times and a lowered stance then I am all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread