Which lowering springs for a vert?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Ok I did a search and maybe I am not doing something right but I got results for all different years of cars so here we are. I have a 2003 Cobra vert still on stock springs if you can believe that! Yes it is akin to a 4x4. LOL The stance has got to be lowered once it cools off a bit here in Oklahoma. On my old 97 Cobra coupe I first had Eibach sport springs and then swapped to H&R race springs when I began road racing. This 2003 vert is only for fun and car shows so just looking for a nice conservative drop and improved handling. Progressive springs are probably how I want to go and am leaning towards the Vogtland. I would like to drop it up to 1.5" in the front and maybe slightly more in the back. I prefer a flat stance over a raked look. I realize I may just need to leave the upper rear spring isolators out to achieve this. Soooo...what does everyone recommend based on your own experience? I only want to do this once and plan to keep the oem Bilsteins in there. Please share pictures if you can. Thanks so much in advance for your help! Shannon

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I personally loved the eibach pro kit on my 2003 Cobra vert. Id also recommend some Kenny brown or stiffer full matrix subframe connectors.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I personally loved the eibach pro kit on my 2003 Cobra vert. Id also recommend some Kenny brown or stiffer full matrix subframe connectors.
It already has MM full length subframe connectors. Strange with the mods it has that it is still on oem springs.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It already has MM full length subframe connectors. Strange with the mods it has that it is still on oem springs.

The springs to me were a huge weak link from the factory. They caused alot of wheel hop.

robvas

Established Member
I have a SRA but went with the Eibach Sportlines in my convertible. It's just a little bit too low as my X/H pipe will touch the ground every so often, like in my driveway. Would do the pro-kit if I could do it all over. Would probably ride a little better too.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I have H&R race springs in mine and all urethane isolators. It has all the hop fixes and MM FLSCs.

22826-jpg.jpg

Sprchd83

Established Member
I have Eibachs in my 03 vert and would scrape the Magnaflow x pipe all the time. Then I jacked up the car and got the exhaust loose and jacked it up before tightening it. Problem 99% resolved. Still touches just a bit in really rough roads here in MA.

Maynerd

Established Member
Does anyone have any pics of their verts with the eibach’s? Which lower the car the most? Eibachs or h&r race or h&r sports?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Does anyone have any pics of their verts with the eibach’s? Which lower the car the most? Eibachs or h&r race or h&r sports?

Factory 18yrs old Billsteins, H&R Race w/ 1 iso on each corner

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3651.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3651.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 98
  • thumbnail_IMG_3654.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3654.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 97

03' White Snake

Established Member

H&R sports are Lowest. Comparable to Eibach Sportlines. 1-3/4" -2" drop.
H&R race springs and Eibachs pro kit are comparable. 1-1/2"-1-3/4" drop.

Any setup can remove ISO's to gain another 1/2-3/4" drop.

Users who are viewing this thread