Which Lower Rear Bumper Panel is on your 2011 GT?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Chatham?? Don't blink.. LOL

Damn... I wish I woulda known about that !!

Oh well...:nonono:

They have it the 4th Saturday from April to September. It is very nice, they block off the downtown area and park the cars on Main St. There were at least 400 cars there tonight!!

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I'd advise you to store the smooth valence away in the garage, and make sure you document what has happened to the car. Not to hold anyone liable, but as a sample of the 'unique' history of your car. Imagine placing the smooth valence back on the car in 20 years when you take your car to the car shows, with the documentation showing that it was delivered with the 2010 GT/2011 V6 lower valence in error.

It's not a big deal, but it will make for some interesting story telling down the road :). It will make your car more 'one-of-a-kind'.

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I'd advise you to store the smooth valence away in the garage, and make sure you document what has happened to the car. Not to hold anyone liable, but as a sample of the 'unique' history of your car. Imagine placing the smooth valence back on the car in 20 years when you take your car to the car shows, with the documentation showing that it was delivered with the 2010 GT/2011 V6 lower valence in error.

It's not a big deal, but it will make for some interesting story telling down the road :). It will make your car more 'one-of-a-kind'.

Yes, I was actually planning on doing this!!

I have seen in some of the old muscle car mags where they will feature a car that has something on it that everyone says is incorrect for the model but they have documentation that shows it was installed like that from the factory.

It does make the car a little different than all the others!!

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
My louvered lower rear bumper panel finally came in yesterday and I was able to get it installed this morning!!

I think it looks much better!! :banana:

I ended up having to give the incorrect panel back to Ford, so I wasn't able to keep it!

DSCF1032.jpg

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
You guys that say the louvers don't look good or look cheesy are IDIOTS !!

I mean, they do serve a purpose...

They are angled at precisely 82.6 degrees to help with wind algorithms and the
cooling of the...well...errrr.... I got nothin'...LOL

It's just a preference thing...:)

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
You guys that say the louvers don't look good or look cheesy are IDIOTS !!

I mean, they do serve a purpose...

They are angled at precisely 82.6 degrees to help with wind algorithms and the
cooling of the...well...errrr.... I got nothin'...LOL

It's just a preference thing...:)

^^^ :lol1:

BTW, I sent you a pm!

Users who are viewing this thread