Which lower control arms to get rid of wheel hop?

jlwdvm

Established Member
What are you using to get rid of wheel hop? I won't be drag racing the car, but it will see road course and autocross.

jlwdvm

Established Member
Ordered a brake cooling kit and a pair of Ford Racing lower control arms with poly bushings form Tousley Ford. I did the springs, struts, aphb, etc with my 2011 GT...my Boss will stay as close to stock as possible.

86Fbody

Established Member
Ordered a brake cooling kit and a pair of Ford Racing lower control arms with poly bushings form Tousley Ford. I did the springs, struts, aphb, etc with my 2011 GT...my Boss will stay as close to stock as possible.

Try and hold out, you may kick yourself if you do eventually do springs and realize how much better even the P springs are for road courses. Plus you may also need some relo brackets for the LCA's to change the geometry. I would suggest Whiteline again as they seem to bolt up in more spots then the Ford ones.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member

jlwdvm

Established Member
Thanks for the help. I want to keep my Boss as close to stock as possible. I will be going to MVP Track Time at Autobahn in Joliet, IL in June to get a day on their 3.6 mile road course. Trying to get a few things ironed out before then. Will be changing brake fluid to Motul 600 when I change out the LCAs and install brake ducts.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For wheel hop, we also just got our Roush stocking order in,

Roush 2011-2014 Ford Mustang Wheel Hop Reduction Kit - Roush - Upper Control Arms - Control Arms - Suspension - 2012-2013 Boss Mustang 302

rh-421120.jpg

It's a pretty good value, and you know with that Roush name you're getting a quality product. I would say a toss up between Roush and Whiteline.

jlwdvm

Established Member
Wanted to stay with the poly bushings because they are supposed to be able to get rid of the hop with minimal increase in NVH. If they don't work...I'll be looking elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread