Which long tubes? MAC or BBK or Other (not Kooks, SW, or ARH)

Which long tubes? MAC or BBK or Other (not Kooks, SW, ARH, etc.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03sm3341

Established Member
MAC!!!!! Fitment is awesome, quality is good, and price is good. I have macs on my car. Note how low it is, i've never scraped them yet. awesome piece for the price.
f141of1.jpg

Comp04svt

Established Member
I pick MAC. I had the MAC's on my car before I put ARH on. the only reason really was the upgrade to 1 3/4 primaries and 3" collector. But anyways, Ive never had an issue with clearance or leaks and what not, quality was good and fitment was also good.

OSUALUM78

Established Member
I went with the setup I posted on the first page and haven't looked back, nor do I have any buyers remorse. No fitment or quality issues. MAC is a hands down winner for those that don't want to drop $1k on headers

:rockon:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I need headers also at what power level or boost level are the mac 1 5/8x2 1/2 collector good for?

I've got a good friend that was making close to 900rwhp on his Cobra back in 2005 and he used the MAC 1-5/8" headers without any issues. Could he have gained power with a larger primary? Possibly. However he was able to support that type of power with them and was one of the quickest street Cobra's in the South.

Jared

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I've got a good friend that was making close to 900rwhp on his Cobra back in 2005 and he used the MAC 1-5/8" headers without any issues. Could he have gained power with a larger primary? Possibly. However he was able to support that type of power with them and was one of the quickest street Cobra's in the South.

Jared

Wow that's kind of what I thought &rear will order them!

yan88gt

Established Member
I wish mac could make 1 3/4'' longtubes and 3'' exhaust. They weir suppose to in 2005 but never make them.

Last edited:

moonltgold

While LTs may give more TQ under the curve, I have a set of JBA shorties (although modified/ported) and dyno 15HP/15TQ SAE peak (6500 rpm), with about same power/TQ from 5K up. So I'm not convinced LTs are worth that much unless you are really modified -- let's say over 600 hp. (I'm at 560.)

horspla2000

Established Member
I did Mac LT's and a Lethal O/R X. GREAT bang for the buck, great quality, great fit. The EGR tube fitment was iffy although I did get it done. I have several pics if anyone is interested, PM me. Steering shaft has excellent clearance and NO modifications needed to get them to fit. Make sure you raid the AC line that runs along the passenger framerail because the header tube will touch it. I just tweaked it upwards and zip tied it as needed to gain clearance.

IA Shelby

Established Member
New guy question...do the Mac headers hook up fine with the factory h pipe?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
New guy question...do the Mac headers hook up fine with the factory h pipe?

No they do not. Any longtube header is going to require a matching shorty midpipe designed to fit with that specific brand header.

Hope that helps.

Jared

IA Shelby

Established Member
No they do not. Any longtube header is going to require a matching shorty midpipe designed to fit with that specific brand header.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Jared

What does hook up with a stock h that sounds good?

I am an old guy and i really don't need more performance just like the deep muscle car sound. Actually like my current catback but wondered what it might be with some headers.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Jared

What does hook up with a stock h that sounds good?

I am an old guy and i really don't need more performance just like the deep muscle car sound. Actually like my current catback but wondered what it might be with some headers.

That's really hard to say as sound is typically personal preference. What I may like you may hate and vice versa. With that said I always loved how the Magnaflow catback sounded on my Cobra. Part #15644 is the one for the IRS. It sounded like a cigarette boat at idle and was nice and loud under throttle but was never raspy or too aggressive. Since then all I run on my cars is Magnaflow.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread