which is the best kit HELLION OR HP ?

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
IM LOOKING INTO A TURBO KIT FOR MY 03..... JUST WONDERING WHAT THE PRO'S AND CON'S ARE BETWEEN THE SINGLE 76 MM AND TWIN 57MM ?

I AM REALLY NOT WORRIED ABOUT POWER BECAUSE BOTH KITS WILL MAKE MORE THEN I NEED !!!!

IM TALKING ABOUT FIT , FINISH AND QUALITY !!!! PLUS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL :beer:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Hellion by far in my opinion, John Urists customer service is by far the best I have ever had the chance to see others expierence, and myslef as well, he will talk to you till you can't think of anymore questions to ask, and he won't lie to you and tell you your stock car and make all this power while retaining all sorts of parts that won't work or last, he's honest with you on what needs to be replaced and what doesn't. If he doesn't have the part he'll tell you where to go to get it, John will talk to you about your own goals and tell you whether or not you should even go turbo. These are all reasons why I believe he's one the best. And heck he knows what it takes to win, he has champinships to prove it!
In my opinion Single turbos our for racing, and twins are for the street.
Besides how many racing classes allow twin systems? Plus twins mean twice as many parts to go wrong, a properly match single with out perform a set of twins anyday.
But in the end it all comes down to prefernce, I plan on putting twins on a street car I am building for crusing so this is just my opinion, enjoy!
Choose what best suits what you want! :rockon:

TRBO VNM

These are 2 different kits mainly because of single and twin. but looking at them from the standpoint of fit, finish, quality and customer service....

I would say quality and finish will be basically the same. both are very nice kits. I haven't talked to the HP guys, so I can't comment on the customer service, but Hellion customer service has been top notch for me. Most of the time I can talk to John Urist himself. if he isn't there and I really need to talk to him they usually call him and he calls me back. Plus Nate(hellioncobra) is also a great resource and now I am a pretty damn good resource for info and install questions. If we don't know something, we can get the answer usually pretty quickly.

fit, I think they both probably fit about the same as well, however what I have seen posted about the HP kit is that they don't make them till they are ordered so you are waiting for production. they have had drainback issues, which apparently have been solved with the installation of restrictors or something(basically oil drains back to the turbo and causing smoking tailpipes). Someone also posted a pic on another board that there was interference with their steering rack and a pipe. My understanding is HP customer service has been pretty good with all issues.

Hellion, I had some things with the install that gave me trouble, but nothing in regards to the function or performance of the kit. Mainly because it was my first turbo install and I was more concerned about some things and called Hellioncobra just about every day during install to ask questions.

what I looked at was not wanting the turbo behind the bumper, possible drainback issue and wanted my kit when I gave them money. I wanted to see the turbo when I opened the hood. Also I am pretty sure the hellion is cheaper. Hellion is in stock as well.

bottom line is this, do you want single, twin and do you want to be able to see the turbo and keep in mind some of the problem items HP has had/or has.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Look into Turbo Horsepower. Much greater power potential than Hellion, and also incredible customer service. Click the link in my sig...

jeb

Established Member
I have heard nothing but good about the hp tt kit. They are making great numbers with the stage 2 kit. I will be buying the hp kit.well now I think of it there is one problem with the hp kit TRACTION! Haha :p

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
65mph_Roll said:
I keep saying a turbo Cobra = 4.6 litre version of big single Supra

...like over and over?
...is it a chant or more like sing-song?
...do you get funny looks?
...are you seeking help?

TRBO VNM

postban said:
...like over and over?
...are you seeking help?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have heard nothing but good about the hp tt kit. They are making great numbers with the stage 2 kit. I will be buying the hp kit.well now I think of it there is one problem with the hp kit TRACTION! Haha

really? see below

Tierod issue

Oil Drain back 1

Hood Issue 98 Version

Fitment issue

Oil Drainback 2

One drainback issue solution

General Issues

Ok, not going to search anymore. this is all just from one forum, but I found it shocking that you say you have heard nothing but good. It may look like I am bashing HP, but I am not at all. I was strongly considering their kit before Hellion came out. I decided against because of the location of the turbo's and the oil drainback/maintenance. And like I said before, their customer service I have noticed on the boards has been pretty good and they will work through the problems to get them solved. granted I don't think the problems are much of an issue at all, but I am glad about my decision because I didn't have to deal with any of it. I didn't read through all those threads, but just searched for them and posted for info.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
...snip... I decided against because of the location of the turbo's and the oil drainback/maintenance. ...snip...
ditto

I coined this phrase;
ztwinspaper4.gif

and I'm partial to this view, www.turbohorsepower.com
scratchy-color.gif

65mph_Roll

Established Member
postban said:
...like over and over?
...are you seeking help?

It’s just the little voices inside my head...

Horsepower addiction is a disease, you know, like alcoholism.

The difference between horsepower addiction and alcoholism, however, is that after you have admitted that you have a problem, you get to enjoy it, and the recommended treatment is more of it.

Turbo Cobra is like 4.6 litre version of big single Supra

Goose727

I feel the need....
Established Member
HP kit runnin 9.65..Stock long block no meth inject.

Hellion 10.04...stock long block runnin meth.

Hellion for service
HP for potential in my opinion. I went with HP

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Its really a matter of prefernce in the end, I went with hellion so I can race in a chosen class, not many classes allow twin turbo systems.
The HP has many issues, aside from what Turbo Venom listed.
If you want a twin Kit THP, is the way to go in my opinion
Also the car you are refering to Mike P. I do believe they modified the installation of that kit greatly, I think they said with all the modifcations they made to it, it took close to 20 hours to install, and it obvious their modifcations got them the results they wanted, but its your money, and I wish you the best with the HP, I just know people who have had nothing but problems with the HP's kits, One corvette in particular

And Postban, That has to be the sweetest looking engine bay I have seen
After seeing postban's engine, you'd be a fool not to go with that kit if you want a twin setup!

Cobrastruk04

Hellion here. Quality, didnt have to cut anything to put it in, and most importantly CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Havent meet a company that has better.

I think this forum should be about whos better PTK or Hellion
or
CC or HP (see as CC could get a kit on the market)

Goose727

I feel the need....
Established Member
Only mod on Mike's car was solid rear axle and sullivan intake, everything else was part of the Stage II kit.

I like the stealth look of the kit....also I can fool emissions when I take it for the visual inspection, cant do that with the THP or Hellion

I've had no problems thus far with HP yet....... :bored:

Last edited:

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
Goose727 said:
....also I can fool emissions when I take it for the visual inspection, cant do that with the THP or Hellion

id like to know how you can fool emissions in cali? there is not an aftermarket turbo kit available right now that will pass emissions in cali. now for most other parts in the US the hellion passes emissions visual and sniffer tests easily.

Nate

Goose727

I feel the need....
Established Member
You have to know the guy givin the test....Ha ha which I do...but if I was ever pulled over by the police and they pop the hood...wa la, no turbos to be seen just an old 01 cobra intake with what looks like a cold air kit!

BTW: I really liked the customer service Hellion had, you guys answered all my questions and had the stuff in stock! If I only didn't live in Cali

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread