Which Idler pulley kit?

BossMane

Established Member
I am about to pull the trigger on a 4 piece idler pulley kit for my 03 Terminator with a 2.8 upper. I am looking at the BilletFlow kit, and the UPR kit, from Lethal. Is one of them better than the other?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have any first hand experience on them but doesn't Metco also have a kit? I've used them on various things in the past and been happy with them

BossMane

Established Member
Yes Metco makes a kit too. They are about $100 more, and I can't find the kit on Lethal's website. Is the Metco kit better than either of the two I previously mentioned? I don't mind spending the extra cash, if they are a superior product.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Metco makes a really good idler, possibly the best..

I would only consider dual bearing idlers, and all the dual bearing idlers are extremely comparable, it just comes down to whichever style and color you want..

Also, bypass Lethals website and go directly to whichever companies website you decide to go with.. Unless you want to pay more.

BossMane

Established Member
The double bearing Metco kit is $479, and the double bearing UPR kit is $335. Is the Metco kit worth the extra cash? If so, what makes the Metco kit better than the UPR kit?

Like I said, if there is value in the more expensive kit, I'll spend the cash, but I don't want to pay $150 more just for a brand. I can't tell any major differenced in the kits from the pictures.

Thanks again for all your help!

olympic

Established Member
Metco appears to have a slightly more functional design for the bearing dust cap. Other than that the differences are all aesthetic.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
A buddy had a set of LFP pullies that had the same bolt in design for the bearings. They started clicking after a few thousand miles. The bearings wallowed out the holes in the pullies. I have yet to see the same issues with the Metcos. I have 15-20k miles on my Metcos.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just in case it helps....
R (1).jpg

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i have the billetflow kits and have never had any issues. i put lots of miles on them.

and personally i like the bf look better than the metco (post #11). but i don't think you can go wrong with either.

slow98cobra

Established Member
I like billetflow out of the two you mentioned. I wouldn’t hesitate to get billetflow or metco. Both are quality

TP03

Established Member
I've been running the UPR double bearing set for the last two years and they're still smooth and noise free. Went with them mainly because I liked the look of them better than the Metcos. Lower price was a secondary benefit.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Metco double bearing, if not for the hands down best quality, then do it for the incredible customer service/follow up/support.
Both are solid reasons to go with the Metco double-bearing idler kit. Top quality!

jdant

Established Member
I've been running the UPR double bearing set for the last two years and they're still smooth and noise free. Went with them mainly because I liked the look of them better than the Metcos. Lower price was a secondary benefit.
Same with the UPR's. Great product and no issues. I will say the Metco's look better.

Users who are viewing this thread