Which Ford Racing wheels are better for track duty: FR500C's or Boss 302R's

Which FR racing wheels do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jroc

Established Member
I don't own a Boss 302 they are just my favorite Mustangs, and I was kind of wondering which of these Ford Racing developed wheels that the Boss owners prefer if you where going to track your cars. Please correct anything that you see wrong in my post.

I believe the FR500C's are only made as a 18x10" wheel where the Boss 302R's are both available in 18x9.5", and 18x10". Both are made by very repeatable wheel companies. The FR500C's are made by Fikse, and the Boss 302R's are made by BBS. I think they are both suppose to weigh around 21 lbs.

FR500C:
2gvkbia.jpg

Boss 302R:
20s696v.jpg

Post pictures if you have any on your cars. Not sure I've ever seen them mounted on anything that wasn't a actual race car.

BTW I thing the Boss 302R's are a better looking wheel IMO.

mufflerbearing

Established Member
The Fikse wheel is about 19 lbs and very good looking. Fikse wheels were made in Kent Washington until about two years ago when they went under. They have been purchased by a Canadian company they run about $1200 each. Nice wheel, but they compromised a bit on the weight as they do bend a little too easily.

I have no experience with the BBS but they are probably a little less expensive being a one piece wheel.

ford20

Established Member
The Boss302R's simply because of the cost which is roughly 1/2 of the FR500S wheels.

86Fbody

Established Member
Could also save some money and get Blowfishracing's Team Dynamic wheels, I think they are 24 pounds but that is still 11 lbs less than the stock ones.

Users who are viewing this thread