Which flywheel is better??

duststang

Do U Kno The Terminator?
Established Member
I am looking for the best bang for the buck aluminum flywheel for my 03 cobra. i was gonna get either the fidanza- Fidanza Flywheel - Aluminum FORD MUSTANG GT; BULLITT; MACH 1; COBRA 1996 - 2004 4.6 186481
or the ram-
1996-11 Mustang Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel, 8 Bolt at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
or the spec- SPEC Flywheel - Aluminum FORD MUSTANG COBRA; SVT COBRA 10TH ANNIVERSARY; MACH 1 1999 - 2004 4.6 SF84A

their all decently priced. i know not to go on which one is more expensive, thats not smart shopping at all. Just like to have cobra owners opinions on these parts and which are the best to go with. Im most likely going with a centerforce df clutch also. Thanks

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Why not just clean up the friction plate or replace it. they are available from McLeod since the OE Aluminum flywheel is from McLeod.

Is it a burned up, cracked, metal to metal damage??

duststang

Do U Kno The Terminator?
Established Member
Yea the original flywheel was done. This is the original post of the whole dilemna- http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...42193-loud-high-pitched-chattering-noise.html
The teeth had come loose from the flywheel its self and it had burnt spots on it and the friction plate had been ground down to where the rivets were almost gone. The clutch was down to its last days too, so i figrued to go ahead and replace it too.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Yea the original flywheel was done. This is the original post of the whole dilemna- http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...42193-loud-high-pitched-chattering-noise.html
The teeth had come loose from the flywheel its self and it had burnt spots on it and the friction plate had been ground down to where the rivets were almost gone. The clutch was down to its last days too, so i figrued to go ahead and replace it too.

During your price investigation I would get a price on a stock replacement from Tousley Ford with our forum discount.

Also price a regular aluminum flywheel at Lethal. I would not pay any more for an aftermarket one than a stocker, I see no advantage to them.

benulis55

Established Member
i agree 100% with jimmy. I never understood everyone "upgrading" their flywheel when the factory one is a McLeod

Digital

Established Member
I fried my stock one down past the rivets bad once. When I got my clutch the guy I got it from had a used fidzanza he threw in and another member at the same time had a fidzana rebuild kit he was selling new cheap. Cost me like 75$ to have an essentially brand new fidanza and it is SLIGHTLY lighter then the stock unit. Haven't had any problems with it at all.
That said I would look into the ford unit. The only thing I really like about the fidzana (can't speak on the others because I know some are actually heavier!) but it is lighter, and you can replace the contact surface very easily for cheap.

duststang

Do U Kno The Terminator?
Established Member
Thanks for the info and suggestions. But both, the mcleod and ford racing and stocker from tousley ford was more expensive. Probably go with the fidanza , unless i find something better thats around the same price range.

Users who are viewing this thread