which end of spring to cut????

mustangsvtblack

Established Member
im cutting my springs tommorro and i want to make sure im cutting the right end of the springs. Which end do you cut on the front springs and which end on the rears?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
cut the unshaped end (bottom)
dont forget to mark on the rear lower arms where the end of the spring sits
dont forget that cutting too little is way way way better than cutting too much off the spring. you can always cut a little more off but its really really hard to put what you cut off back onto the spring...

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
mofugr said:
Don't cut your springs

Why not?

andrewcar033.jpg

andrewcar023.jpg

andrewcar005.jpg

andrewcar002.jpg

I cut 1 full coil off all the way around and left the stock iso's on. Looks and rides great.

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
mofugr said:
Don't cut your springs

I reject and refute your opinion....

if it's done properly, there's nothing wrong with cutting the LINEAR RATE SPRINGS on a Terminator
(use cutoff wheel rather than torch....too much heat will alter temper of steel)

Last edited:

Bens-Vr4

Established Member
I want to cut my rear springs on 03 vert to try and get the same results,just lower a little ,I have complete m max ft x member on ft.Is this veasable?Thanks for any info Al

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
JB said:
I reject and refute your opinion....

if it's done properly, there's nothing wrong with cutting the LINEAR RATE SPRINGS on a Terminator
(use cutoff wheel rather than torch....too much heat will alter temper of steel)

^^^Agreed, and +1 for the cutting wheel, if it is done right, there is nothing to worry about.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
I pulled out my set of Eibachs and replaced the stock springs after taking 3/4" off with a cut off wheel. I could not stand the ride any more. Perfect now. Its a vert by the way and yes they were the correct springs for the car and progressive as well.

Users who are viewing this thread