Which DR's to get?

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
What brand of Drag Radials do you guys recommend? I'm looking at picking up a couple but I am undecided at this time. I have Nitto Extreme 555's at all 4 corners right now, but I wouldnt be opposed to having Nitto up front and Brand X in the RR. I'd like to know from personal experence if possible. Thanks everybody!!

Alex

Wildpony

Established Member
I always liked my Nitto's when I had them- I got over 20k miles on them. I switched to some Dunlop sp5000's because of a real good deal at the time. I never really ran the Nittos correctly at the track(full pressure) , but they worked fine on the street& in the rain which suprised me..

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
did you notice much improvement with the Nitto Drag Radials over a regular radial at the track? It would be nice to have the same brand all the way around but it's not THAT big a deal to go with another tire in the rr.

Thanks
Alex

I'm just trying to justifiy the purchase. (to myself, kinda stupid huh?)

Wildpony

Established Member
Originally posted by Alex_96Cobra
did you notice much improvement with the Nitto Drag Radials over a regular radial at the track? It would be nice to have the same brand all the way around but it's not THAT big a deal to go with another tire in the rr.

Thanks
Alex

I'm just trying to justifiy the purchase. (to myself, kinda stupid huh?)

Actually I ran 12.7 w/ each tire. But I didn't set the air press. at the track like I should have( cause I never raced at the track before) plus I can't drive for sh*t.

My 60' times were 2.1-2.25 if that tells you anything. I spun in 1st-2nd& 2nd to 3rd and had to lift. I ran a trap speed of 115 and prob. would have been closer to 120 & low 12's had I known what the heck I was doing.:cuss:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Well... is the car a daily driver? If so... go with the Nitto DR's... that's what I got and I like 'em alot. They're the best in the wet and still stick nicely when you heat 'em up for a Z-killing. :coolman:

I'm going on the 3rd year on mine and will easily get another season out of 'em after that. These are on the Cobra and it's a weekend toy. I drive 80 miles one way to the track and go maybe 6 times or so over the summer. Plus I get into a few street rumbles. So yea, they'll last ya' a while.

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
The Car is my weekend car. I'd like to get them before the street leags next week. I hear they are not really the best when they are new so I'm not expecting too much the first few passes. Thanks all for your input, I'll prolly end up going the Nitto route.

Alex

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
So a question about the Nittos (to resurrect a dead thread) - My car is mainly a daily driver (although she'll probably sit most of the winter) and she's not a strip car.

Should I go with all four Nittos or do two on the back?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
talked to a guy at the track today and he had had both tires
he liked the goodrich drag radial better than the nittos
but the bfg wore out quicker but hooked MUCH better

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
If they're on the car all the time, get the Nitto's out back.

If they're on spare rims get the BFG drs.

The BFG's hook better but wear really fast and suck big time in the rain.

jdr46

Yeppers, go with the Nitto 555Rs for a daily driver or if your car is just a weekend car go with the BFGs. I have the Nittos DRs and I love them. I've ran a 1.88 60 ft with 20 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread