Which drag radials to buy? M/T BFG Nitto

silvercoffin

Established Member

I have BFG DRs and think they are great. I am going to put the MT Street ETs on my other set of extra wheels and compare..

BFG DRs blow away Nitto DRs but wear out much more quickly.

I am not as worried about blowing the rear because I am ready to get a solid rear put in. Gonna make the appt. anyday now..

Is it safe to drive the 30 miles to the track with Street Ets on the car?

I am worried because I already have picked up two nails with my BFGS on route to the track...the ETs have no radial so ethy are even more likely to go flat

TRUBLUEGT03

LANAANDNACYLUVTHE****
Established Member
M/t Drag Radials Rock They Make Them In A 17in ---"fastest Dr On The Market" Not The Et Street The Drag Radial. I Have Had A Set For Over A Month Love Em

silvercoffin

Established Member
Hey

Did you run ET Streets on your stock rims?

Did you run them with or without tubes?

Did they lose air?

Can you drive with them on to the track?

Did I ask too many questions? haha

Sorry for hijacking the thread somewhat... I already have a fresh set of BFG Drs but I have another set of extra rims so I was thinking about trying ET Streets or the MT DRs..or even slicks but I imagine it wold not be good to drive to the track with them on the car. I have about a 25 mile trip each way... Maybe I should hold off until I get the trailer...then I can just leave slicks or Street Ets on all the time.

Trmin8r

Established Member
silvercoffin said:
Did you run ET Streets on your stock rims?

Did you run them with or without tubes?

Did they lose air?

Can you drive with them on to the track?

Did I ask too many questions? haha

Sorry for hijacking the thread somewhat... I already have a fresh set of BFG Drs but I have another set of extra rims so I was thinking about trying ET Streets or the MT DRs..or even slicks but I imagine it wold not be good to drive to the track with them on the car. I have about a 25 mile trip each way... Maybe I should hold off until I get the trailer...then I can just leave slicks or Street Ets on all the time.

I ran mine on Welds, but I know other people that ran the M/T ET streets on regular rims. I did not have tubes. You can use them to drive on the street, but why not just change at the track and make them last a little longer?

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I ran my M/T dr's today on weld prostars...and dam what a difference!! They hook awesome...alot better than nittos! I can launch at 4000 with no wheel hop at all on stock irs!!!!

MattN03

03RCODE
Established Member
Has anyone seen accelerated paint chipping around the rear quarter panels or around the fender from the sticky D/R's throwing rocks, etc while driven on the street?

Trmin8r

Established Member
MattN03 said:
Has anyone seen accelerated paint chipping around the rear quarter panels or around the fender from the sticky D/R's throwing rocks, etc while driven on the street?

I have seen some people get the blue masking tape and put them around the wheelwells to prevent this.

Thunder5.0

Established Member
I have the the 275/40/17 nitto dr's and they just spin like street tires on the track.

Johnny Langton

Street Bird
Established Member
I used to run the Hoosier QTP in a 26x9.5x15.
I've never had an issue with them,but the Street Stang class requires a radial tire,so I got a set of 255/50/16 MT radials.
They hook just as good,and are much more stable down track than the Bias ply tires,plus they don't grow like the bias tires do,so your final drive ratio stays the same.I run mine at 30 psi,and have no problems hooking up.They don't leak air,and are mounted on stock Tbird 16x7's.
Swap them at the track-it's not too hard,and makes the most of your investment.
Well worth the $300 shipped that I paid for them.
JL

Users who are viewing this thread