• Laser Red (now a two stage)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Ruby Red

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
So here is my problem. I have owned this car since technically before it rolled off the assembly line. For a LARGE portion of its life it was my daily driver and spent most of its time outside in the South Louisiana sun.

To say the least, the paint is done. From a distance it still looks decent, but the roof, A and C pillars, and the hood are laser pink.

My problem is that the original color, Laser Red, is now made in a two stage paint. From what research I have done, it is not the same.

I’m not ever going to enter the car in any type of car show that grades originality, so that’s not a concern.

I just want to see what everyone thinks about possibly painting this car in the newer Ruby Red color. When I see cars driving with it in the sun, it looks like the Laser Red did on more of an overcast day. I definitely like it, and I feel like it’s the closest current color to what the car stated as. I do feel like it’s darker overall, but not so much that it would be shocking.

That’s me convincing myself. What do you guys think?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I’ll give you a mixed answer... I am a fan of originality, but I absolutely LOVE Ruby Red. Ruby Red is what drove me to order a Rapid Red 2020 GT500. Those colors are similar and do some amazing things in the sun.

So, to help sway your decision, I’d say if it was a lower mile car or if you were going to restore it to look 100% stock/original, stick with the original color. If neither of these are true, go with that damn sexy Ruby Red!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I support what Goose said, 100%. It sounds like you're more interested in a paint color that excites you more, and less concerned about originality. If this is true, then like Goose said, go with sexy Ruby Red paint. Ruby Red is probably my favorite Mustang red hue color. Did you ever consider Redfire?

Ruby Red (2017 Mustang GT)
5f570aecee3502ec53f477d04eb8bee5.jpg

Redfire (2003 Cobra)
maxresdefault.jpg

milktasd2

Established Member
Before I decided to change colors on mine I thought hard about the Infiniti dynamic sunstone red and ruby red.

Users who are viewing this thread