Which clutch?

myslowstang

Established Member
Something so easy as picking a clutch is turning into a difficult choice. I recently broke my stock input shaft and now that I'm upgrading to a 26 spline input shaft I need a new clutch. My Cobra has a ported blower putting down over 500 rwph and about 500 rwtq. The car sees both street and strip use. I use slicks when I go to the track, I'm not sure if that's relevant or not when choosing a clutch. I had a Spec clutch and flywheel when my stock input shaft broke. I liked the Spec clutch but I don't know what stage the Spec clutch was because it was put in before I got the car, it looked like it was a stage 1. A twin disc clutch would be nice but they're a bit too pricey for me so I was looking at the Spec 3+ or the CenterForce DFX. I also plan on reusing the Spec flywheel. What do you guys have and what would you recommend for me?

myslowstang

Established Member
I was originally going to get the Spec 3+ but I've heard they're notoriously known to break input shafts. Any truth to that?

tuscani66

Established Member
I fear I'm entering this category too, I felt a slip/smell when punching 4th.

However, when I came home I realized my adjustment was back at 0 on the firewall (had the cable changed recently) so I just adjusted but haven't taken it back out to see if it makes a difference.

Currently have the McLeod RST Twin Disk (800HP rating). I know this is my first post but have been a long time lurker, learned a lot by reading and searching! I look forward to seeing what you go with myslowstang; I did not upgrade to the 26spline but if my clutch is indeed going out I might as well if my 10spline shows wear. Currently have about 30k on mine.

stroked mach

Established Member
when will you hnave it back running I will like to know hownit works I had a spec whebn I got my car and the peddle was a beast to push in and started to flex the firewall

RedfireSVT

Established Member
No problem getting 26 spline and light pedal option (+29$)?

with those options, after the forum discount the total would be about $505.99. do you know what are they asking for it with those options? if it's more we can price match.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread